ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Sahlin, Svante Emanuel, born 1864-11-14 in Vänersborg, Sweden  (läst 638 gånger)

2002-11-13, 19:26
läst 638 gånger

Annika Sahlin Andersson

Disapered i USA. He emigrated 1892. Maybe changed his surname to Svan. He traveld with his brother in law, Karl Johan (Jonas) Larsson, born 1872.
According to our family story; he was in the Spanish-American war and was injured. Svante?s son Mauritz, was in USA & Seattle, in 1904, to look for his father, and he saw him in a crowded street, and lost him again. After this we have no trace.I have searched in Ellis Island Rec.+ Ancestry and found nothing.If you now anything about Svante Emanuel or have any tips where I could look, I?m very grateful.
//Annika Sahlin Andersson

2002-11-14, 00:56
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi,

You mentioned Seattle. Is that where he lived, as far as you know? Maybe someone would be able to search census records for him, or you could order those census records from a Family History Center.

There is an index to volunteer soldiers in the Spanish American War. If you find him, there is a way to get more information from NARA. (National Archives and Records Administration)

This information is from the online Family History Library Catalog. It gives the microfilm and roll number you need to order.

Title
General index to compiled service records of volunteer soldiers who served during the war with SpainAuthors
United States. Adjutant General's Office (Main Author)Notes
Microfilm of original records in The National Archives, Washington, D.C.
This microfilm publication contains ...an alphabetical card index to the compiled service records of volunteer soldiers in the war with Spain. Each index card gives the name of a soldier, his rank, and the unit in which he served. Some cards also refer to miscellaneous personal papers. There are cross-references to names that appeared in the records under more than one spelling--Introd
The compiled service records to which this index applies consist of a jacket-envelope for each soldier, labeled with his name and containing (1) card abstracts of entries relating to the soldier as found primarily in original muster rolls and returns, but occasionally in other records such as pay vouchers, and (2) the originals of any papers relating solely to the particular soldier--Introd.
An example of material contained in the service packets is filmed at the beginning of the first reel.
Except for the Florida Infantry, the compiled service records to which this index applies are not on microfilm--Military Service Records, p. 164.
In addition to this publication, there are also indexes for the soldiers who served in each state militia unit ...and a single index for the soldiers serving in all U.S. volunteer units (Puerto Rico volunteers not included). The library has two state indexes composed of cards that duplicate ones reproduced in this microfilm publication, and are arranged alphabetically by name of soldier. These two state indexes are Louisiana (M240) and North Carolina (M413). See Author/ Title catalog: United States. Adjutant General's Office. Index to compiled service records of volunteer soldiers who served during the war with Spain in organizations from the state of Louisiana, 1898- 1899. Also see another entry in the Author/Title catalog: United States. Adjutant General's Office. Index to compiled service records of volunteer soldiers who served during the war with Spain in organizations from the state of North Carolina, 1898-1899.Subjects
United States - History - Spanish-American War, 1898 - Indexes
United States - Military records - Spanish-American War, 1898 - Indexes Format
Manuscript (On Film) Language
English Publication
Washington, D.C. : The National Archives, 1971 Physical
126 microfilm reels ; 35 mm. Series
National Archives microfilm publications : M0871  

This seems to be the roll number to order from the Family History Center.

Rut-Sa  FHL US/CAN Film 1002529  

Good luck!

Judy

2002-11-27, 11:46
Svar #2

Cecilia Norén

About Mauritz Sahlin !
I don't now if you already know this,but anyway.
Mauritz father,Svante Emanuel Sahlin 1864-11-14 had at least two sisters that I know about.Fredrika Amalia 1841-04-14 born in Vänersborg and Anna Maria 1835-12-04 also born in Vänersborg.Anna Maria was marreid to my granddads father.
Anna Maria,Fredrika Emalia och Svante Emanuels parents was Peter Sahlin and Anna Sofia Jonsdotter(Jonsson).I think Peters fathers name was Sven and also lived in Vänersborg Sweden.

Good luck !

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna