ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Lantz/Johnson/Svenson/Moberg  (läst 318 gånger)

2001-01-17, 02:37
läst 318 gånger

Johnson/svenson/moberg

I am looking for my gg-grandfather John Fredrick Lantz born around 1860 in Sweden. I was told his name was Johnson. He was married to a Caroline Peterson and I believe they had two children before coming to the US around 1886. I think one child was a boy- possibly Charles b. ?1883-1884, they also had a girl. Caroline or Carolina born 1885-1886? She was left behind with friends for reasons unknown. John died 9-22-1931 in Michigan but that is all I know. Can anyone help? Thanks. Sue Beauchamp (sueellenborn@yahoo.com)
**rumor is the name was johnson/svenson/moberg

2001-01-17, 07:42
Svar #1

Utloggad Lena Thelin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-09-16, 22:02
    • Visa profil
    • www.arleco.nu/minslakt/sv
Hi Sue

Do you have any idea of what part of Sweden they came from? It?s much easier to look if you let us know that.

regards
Lena Thelin

2001-01-17, 10:47
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Hi Sue,

Have you checked on this family in the US Censuses? There might be some helpful dates there, which would indicate for instance exactly when they came to the US.

Also info about where and when they lived at specific places in the US could also be helpful.

2001-01-19, 18:01
Svar #3

sue beauchamp

There were name changes on both sides of the familie. John Fredrick Lantz- believed to have been Johnson before immigration; he was married to Caroline/carolina peterson. I truely don't have much. John was born around 1860. I believe they probably immigrated from Goteborg around 1886 or so. Probably to NY or Chicago.

Then I am looking for Fredrick E. Dixon born around 1859. On his death certificate it states that father is Erick Johnson with mother unknown. His name may have been Fredrick Johnson, I believe he immigrated to the US around 1881. I believe he came through Goteborg also. I know I don't have much. Fredrick migrated to Wisconsin then settled in Michigan. Thank you!!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna