ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Karl Oskar Dahl and Naemi Svensson  (läst 657 gånger)

2001-05-24, 19:33
läst 657 gånger

Marilyn Maun

My relative Karl Oskar Dahl was born in Kopparbergs lan, Sept 15, 1880.  His mother was Anna Persdotter, father unknown.  He married Naemi Svensson in 1903.  In Oct. 1903 he came to America, Naemi following in Jan. 1904.  It is thought they first came to Lexington, Missouri but it is not known where they traveled after that.  If anyone has information on descendants of this family or how I might find them, please help.

2001-05-24, 21:16
Svar #1

Utloggad Mats Högberg

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 580
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-12-07, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Hi Marilyn!

I've found Naemi Svensson/Dahl her at www.ellisislandrecords.org/ as Naomi Dahl and she certainly arrived February 11, 1904, She came with the ship Oscar II departed from Akerhus in Oslo, Norway.

The ship manifest mentions that she will join her brother? in Lexington, Missouri and she gave an address Box 571. She was 21 years old and brought 10 USD with her. Also her last address in Sweden has been registered but it is very difficult to read. It looks like Falkerna or Folkerna or something similar. Her occupation was registered as wife.

In the orginial ship manifest you can clearly see that her name was Naemi but for some reason when these registers have been transfered to electronic media they entered her as Naomi. Also their interpretation of her address in Sweden is wrong as they entered Focheina.

Regards

Mats Högberg

2001-05-24, 21:51
Svar #2

Utloggad Mats Högberg

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 580
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-12-07, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Hi again!

I also found Karl Oskar as Oscar Dahl. He departed the same port in Norway and arrived in New York October 19, 1903. He brought 50 USD and mentioned Lexington, Missouri as his final destination were he was going to join his sister?.  

In this record, the last address looks more like Tolkerna but I am unable to guess what should be the right place.

Regards

Mats Högberg

2001-05-25, 06:15
Svar #3

Utloggad Jöran Johansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 620
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-11-08, 16:57
    • Visa profil
    • www.banvakt.se
It would most probably be Folkärna, old spelling Folkerna, a parish near Avesta in the south part of Kopparberg's län (now Dalarnas län)and Dalarna province.
Jöran Johansson

2001-05-29, 18:19
Svar #4

Marilyn Maun

Thanks Mats and Jöran,

I really appreciate your information.  I had looked on that website but I guess I was not spelling the name as they did.  I did find it after your reply but did not come up with as much information as you supplied.  I only found the dates and ships name.  Where did you go to find where they were going and how much money they had with them?
They were from Folkärna, but he was coming to join an uncle in Lexington and she, of course, was coming to join her husband, Oscar.  

Thanks, Marilyn

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna