ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Karl Fredrik Larsson-2 Dec 1847-Väsa, Värmland  (läst 492 gånger)

2000-11-17, 03:00
läst 492 gånger

Stephanie Johnson

I am searching for my great-grandfather, Fredrik Johnson, born 2 Dec 1847 in Väsa, Värmland, Sweden.  Apparently, there is a Karl Fredrik Larsson born that day in that parish and I am wondering if he and my Fredrik Johnson may be one in the same.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am also trying to figure out if an Eva Johnson, born Sept 29 or 30, 1854 or 1855 in Värmland, is a sister or half sister of Fredrik.

2000-11-17, 13:07
Svar #1

Johan R:son Sjöberg

I seems a little hard to identify Fredrik Johnson with Karl Fredrik Larsson from the information you have given above. If you have more information concerning Fredrik Johnson it might be easier to identify him in the Swedish records. Do you know when he came to the United States? Where did he first come to? Did he visit Sweden after his emigration? Do you have names of known relatives in Sweden? This is much, but I could try to find him if you can fill me in a little. (Excuse my poor English.)

Please note that there is no parish in Värmland named Väsa; but there is one named Väse. I suppose that is the one you mean.

Best wishes from Värmland,
Enjoy your weekend
Johan

2000-11-18, 03:37
Svar #2

Stephanie Johnson

Johan,

Tack så mycket! (I do not know much Swedish, but I can look it up).  Yes, I meant Väse.

I have very little information on Fredrik Johnson.  From an old church record, Swedish Mission Covenant Church in Upsala, Morrison Co., Minnesota...  
Född Dec. 2, 1847
Socken och Län m.m.  Väse Skn. Wermland  
Döpt  1847
Ny födelse  1888
Infiskd (?) forsaml.  1888
Död  d.30th Maj 1900
Diverse anmärkn  Wirginia City, Minn

The first record I have of Fredrik or Fred Johnson in America is March 30, 1888, when he married my grgrandmother in Minneapolis, MN.  They lived there until about 1890.  By January 1891 they lived in Elm Dale, Morrison Co., MN.  He possibly could have been in Chicago, IL before Minneapolis.  My grgrandmother had Chicago listed as her destination for immigration, though her family was in Minnesota.  I do not believe that they met in Sweden.

I do not know when Fredrik emmigrated.  A possible year could be 1868.  This is based on an 1895 Minnesota census, which I have found not to be acurate.  It lists his years living in state (MN) as 27.  Fredrik was 20 years older than his wife, so that possibly could have been a 2nd marriage.

I do not know of Fredrik relatives in Sweden.  There is circumstancial evidence that an Eva Johnson Eckstrom (Ekström) was his sister.  Information on her...
Född  30-9-1854
Socken och Län m.m.  Wälerud (?) Skn. Wermland
Döpt  1854
Äktenskap  12-4-1890
She also live in Elm Dale, Morrison Co., MN.  Eva raised Fredrik's youngest son and the boy was listed as nephew on a 1900 US Census.

I am still searching for any records that might give me more information.  The Karl Fredrik Larsson is the only name that anyone has been able to come up with so far for the information that I have, but I have no idea how Larsson would have become Johnson.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  All suggestions on where to search are welcome.

Again, tack så mycket.

Stephanie

2000-11-20, 14:25
Svar #3

Stephanie,

I will visit Värmlandsarkiv (Provincial archives of Värmland) later today; I will then see if I can find any information that can help you.

Best Wishes,
Johan

2000-11-20, 18:31
Svar #4

It has yet not been proved whether Fredrik Johnson was identical with Karl Fredrik Larsson.

But I have found some new information concerning Karl Fredrik Larsson:

Karl Fredrik Larsson, born 1847 2/12 in Glumserudstorp, Väse parish, Värmland; son of Lars Kristofersson and Anna Greta Nilsdotter. Karl Fredrik Larsson moved from Glumserudstorp, Väse parish 1850 to Vattsed under (on the land of) Glumserud, Väse parish 1850; moved from Vattsed under Glumserud, Väse parish 1869 23/4 to America.

Sources: birth record; household examination rolls; record of moved (utflyttningsbok).

I have not found any sister named Eva Johnson Ekström (or something like that).

I hope this will help you somewhere.

Best wishes from the Duchy of Värmland,
Johan

2000-11-21, 02:53
Svar #5

Stephanie Johnson

Johan,

Thank you for checking out the Värmlandsarkiv.  I had some of that information, but you have added to what I know.  So far, that is the only name I have that would fit with the information that I have.

Fredrik and his wife died when their children were young, so there is little information.

I have found on a Norwegian emmigration from Bergen website.... a Fredrik Johansson, birth year 1848, emmigrating 1881 place of birth Wermland and a Fredrik Janson, birth year 1846, emmigrating 1880, place of birth Wermland.  Do you know of any way I can trace back from that information?  

Eva's maiden name was Johnson, according to her obituary.  She married in USA, Ekström is her married name.  I have no proof that she was Fredrik's sister, just that my dad and his brother know that she was known as a sister and I have found out that she was not Fredrik's wife's sister.  And as I mentioned before, Eva raised Fredrik's youngest son, and the child was listed as nephew on a US Census.

Also, is there or was there any parish in Värmland that would be closed to the name Wälerud or Wålerud (Välerud, Vålerud)?

Tack! Thank you again, for all of your help.  I hope to visit Värmland one day, to see where my family came from.

Stephanie

2002-04-03, 16:02
Svar #6

Maxine

I am looking for imformation on Anders Petter  
Larsson born August 20, 1825 in Hannas  
parish in  
Haggebo. His wife was Anna Stina Mattsdotter  
born  
August 30, 1833 Rimgarum parish.
I would like to know who their parents were  
and  
where the parents came from in Sweden.
Maxine

2002-04-03, 21:47
Svar #7

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

It's better you ask for theese persons directly under their parishes: Anbytarforum: Landskap: Småland: Socknar: Hannäs and Anbytarforum: Landskap: Östergötland: Socknar: Ringarum
This old discussion here is about some totally different person with the similar (and very common) surename, and also in another region of Sweden..

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna