ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Johansson, Jonas & Per Oskar (Brothers who emigrated)  (läst 313 gånger)

2002-01-04, 19:51
läst 313 gånger

Wayne Johnson

Hello,

I am seeking assistance in locating identities of ancestors and siblings of Jonas Johansson (Born Gideå Parish 1858-2 December; emigrated 16 July 1880 for America); and, Per Oskar Johansson (Born Gideå on 1863-15 April; left for Ironwood, MI, USA in 1888)-- parents were Johan Peter Johansson and Karolina (Parsson) Ersson (Eriksson-Eriksdotter).  Family stories have indicated that parents died shortly after Per Oskar's birth and he taken from siblings by local pastor when he reportedly, when checking, found the child's living conditions unacceptable. It is understood that Per stayed with the pastor until leaving in 1888 for America.

I found trace of a Karolina's Eriksdotter in Disbyt; there's something having to do with her in 1864 (perhaps that is when she died), but am not a member, therefore, could not access the source of the Disbyt entry. There were too many Johan Johanssons to facilitate identification.

I have enjoyed so much help from everyone, and look forward to receiving assistance with this query. Thank You so much!!

Wayne Johnson (grandson of Per Oskar)

2002-01-04, 22:03
Svar #1

Utloggad Lena Thelin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-09-16, 22:02
    • Visa profil
    • www.arleco.nu/minslakt/sv
Hello Wayne,

Here you have the person that had left the information for Karolina Eriksdotter in Gideå in Disbyt

Sven-Erik Johansson
Gustav Garvares gata 6 A
903 42   UMEÅ  
Tel: 090-121496
Ändringsdatum: 2001-11-04  
Epost: sikhallan@telia.com
Webb-adress: http://www.sikhallan.com

Lena Thelin

2002-01-06, 02:05
Svar #2

Wayne Johnson

Dear Lena Thelin,

How interesting you should alert me to the fact that there was a lead to Karolina Eriksdotter -- Per Oskar's wife (Sara Albertine) was also a Thelin from Faresta, Arnäs Parish, Västernorrland, having traveled in 1891 to Ironwood, MI, USA, to join her sister -- Lena Thelin. There she met Per Oskar Johansson and they married in 1892.  They spelled the name Telin until 1877, when my Great Grandfather, Johan Gustav, changed the spelling to Thelin.

At any rate, Thank You so much for the Alert and the lead to the researcher.

Regards, Wayne Johnson

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna