ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hammroth, Charles & Anna Margaret  (läst 420 gånger)

2002-09-27, 18:16
läst 420 gånger

Tammi Hammerot

I am trying to find out where in Sweden my gg grandparents came from, and info about them. Also, any info on family still in Sweden.

According to Charles' death cert. they arrived in the U.S. in 1881, with son Axel who was born in 1874. His father is listed as Adolph and his mother, Marie. Charles was born Oct. 25, 1852. Anna Margaret was born June 13. 1851. No name for his mother and Anderson for her father.

Our name was changed to Hammerot at some point before Charles died. Also, there are conflicting reports on the Swedish version of the name.

Any information would be much appreciated
Tammi Hammerot

2002-09-27, 19:48
Svar #1

Per Eriksson

Tammi,
the name does not sound much Swedish. But, there are 23 now living people with the name Hammarroth acording to SCB (Statistiska Central Byrån, Statistics Sweden) could it be the original version of your name? I also looked in to Sveriges Dödbok 1950-1999, it is a deathrecord of people who died in Sweden between 1950-1999. In that record I found 17 people who have died in that period with the name Hammarroth, most of them came from southern parts of Sweden, like Tidaholm in Skaraborgs län, and some from different parrishes in Malmöhus län. But they where all born after that your people had arrived to America.
Not much of help, but perhaps a little clue!?

Regards
Per

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna