ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Gamla Stan CD Lookup - Blomqvist surname  (läst 493 gånger)

2002-06-30, 06:06
läst 493 gånger

Steve Bloomquist

Would someone with access to the Gamla Stan CD please check for a record of my farfarsfar?

Here's the relevant data:

Name:  Carl Alfred Blomqvist
Born:  1 Januari 1870, Stockholm (this could be an incorrect date.  Some of my documents indicate he was born in 1871, so anything is possible.)

Emigrated to USA 1888-1893.

Father's name:  Charles (Carl) or Eriksson, I have conflicting sources about this, too.

Mother's name:  Sophia ?

Thanks for any assistance with this research!

2002-07-01, 10:52
Svar #1

Utloggad Lena A Löfström

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 964
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-01, 10:39
    • Visa profil
Hi Steve, sorry but your farfarsfar not on the CD.

Best
Lena A L

2002-07-01, 12:24
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
There is one Carl Alfred Carlsson, born 1870 Jan.1 in the parish of Berg in Västmanland county, who emigrated in 1871. His parents seems to be Carl Andersson, born 1841 July 10 in Berg, and his wife Tekla Sofia Lundgren, born 1843 Feb.1 in Kolbäck. They also had a daughter Carolina Sofia Carlsdotter, born 1871 June 22 in Berg.

Maybe you should check this family and see if known facts fit. You should be able to find them in the 1880 US Census, for instance.

It is quite common for people to state that they are from Stockholm, as that is the big city in the area, and non-Swedes could be supposed to at least know that place.

2002-07-01, 18:53
Svar #3

Steve Bloomquist

Dear Lena and Elisabeth,

Thank you for checking this database for me!

The Carl Alfred Carlsson that Elisabeth mentioned is very interesting.  This person matches most of my data concerning my farfarsfar, except for the emigration date.

I have a further question now.. did he emigrate to the USA in 1871 at age 1?  Or did he move from Berg parish to another place in Sweden?  I'm not sure how much data the Gamla Stan CD provides.

I am very grateful for your assistance!

2002-07-02, 10:08
Svar #4

Utloggad Lena A Löfström

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 964
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-01, 10:39
    • Visa profil
Steve,

the data Elisabeth provided did not come from the Gamla Stan CD. As I told you he was not on it.

Elisabeth made an other search for you in a completly different source, probably the CD Emigranten. But I am sure she can give you better details on her source.

Best
Lena

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna