ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Emigrants: Elias Modig & Selma Hõrnfeldt - Västernorrland  (läst 867 gånger)

2002-10-27, 05:28
läst 867 gånger

M. Larson

I am searching for information about 2 Swedish emigrants who married in the U.S. and had 4 sons - one was my step-father. Their names were Edward & Selma Moodig.  I am pretty sure that Edward's name was originally Elias Modig and that he was born and lived in Hässjö parish; year of birth was 1865. In the 1890 census, his mother was listed as a widower and he had 2 brothers. He emigrated to the U.S. but I have been unable to find his record on the Ellis Island site - his brother Olof came through Ellis Island in 1902. I would appreciate any of the following information:  - Any emigration information (date/location, etc.) - Name of his father - Exact date of birth - And any ideas on why he and his brothers are listed as unbaptized (odöpt), especially as he would have been 25 years old in 1890.  Selma Moodig's maiden name was Selma Elizabeth or Elisabeth H?rnfeldt, born March 5, 1880 - I'm not sure of the location. Her obituary reported that she had 2 living brothers in Sweden at the time of her death in 1952; no names or specific location were listed.  I have an envelope (with no letter inside) marked Rek with two ornate red seals of wax which were cleared by U.S. customs before its delivery in 1937. This came from a Johan H?rnfeldt (possibly a brother) with a return address of Fagerviksverken (Sundsvall) - I can not find a matching online record for this person. Selma's obituary stated that she emigrated to the U.S. in 1902, probably to Merrill or Tomahawk, Wisconsin, USA. I would also appreciate any of the following information about her:  - Any emigration information - Names of her parents and any other family members - Exact date of birth  Any assistance you can provide would be very helpful and very much appreciated. Thank you.

2002-10-27, 09:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Siv Malmgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 140
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-07, 17:55
    • Visa profil

2002-10-27, 16:08
Svar #2

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21973
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-18, 22:48
    • Visa profil
According to 1890 census the mother of Elias Modig was a Baptist - that is why her sons were unbaptized.
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2002-10-28, 11:30
Svar #3

Laila N. Christiansen

Familysearch tell us that       SARA GRETA ANDERSDR     Female   Family  Event(s):  Marriages:    Spouse:  ERIC MODIG  Family    Marriage:  24 FEB 1856   Hassjo, Vasternorrland, Sweden    Also familysearch.org tell us that Eric Modig and his wife got a son JOHANNES ERIKSSON     Male  Event(s):   Birth:  22 MAY 1856      Christening:  25 MAY 1856   Hassjo, Vasternorrland, Sweden   that probably died, because they named the next son after him:   JOHANNES ERIKSSON     Male    Event(s):   Birth:  09 OCT 1859      Christening:  27 NOV 1859   Hassjo, Vasternorrland, Sweden   According to the Emigranten CD,  Elias Modig from Hässjö emigrated 17 06 1892 Göteborg to Winnipeg.  Källkod: 48:368:702 He travelled alone.

2002-10-30, 18:06
Svar #4

Utloggad Per Sundin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6953
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-18, 12:23
    • Visa profil
    • Släkter och gårdar
Since my mother is born at Fagerviksverken I thought that I could get hold on the information asked for. I looked in the telephone direcory and found Selmas niece. She knew of her aunt and that she married Elias Modig. Selma is dead and had two sons but this niece had lost contact with this branch of the family long since.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna