ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Christina Jonsdotter, her father's name?  (läst 800 gånger)

2001-10-04, 03:47
läst 800 gånger

Rob Swenson

Is it possible for someone to help me further with my enquiries about Viktor Svensson, born March,16th, 1850, Ovraby, Soderakra, Kalmar County?

I can find Soderakra on the map but not Ovraby. What is Ovraby exactly, a village, town, region?

Tomas notes in his kind reply to my recent query, that Victor's mother was Christina Jonsdotter. Viktor's wedding certificate shows her as Christine Nogarson. Was her father Jon Nogarson?

Tomas notes that Viktor's father was a crofter. Is that a sheep farmer? Viktor's wedding certificate notes that his father was a carpenter.

I would greatly appreciate some advice.

2001-10-04, 13:29
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

Ovraby should be Övraby in Swedish, it seems to be a very small village or just a farm about 1.5 km west of Söderåkra.

There are some other Övraby-places, but they are not close to Söderåkra.

To find it : got to http://seeker.lmv.lm.se/kartexweb/kartsok_eng/ and enter Söderåkra in the text field (o with dots and first a with ring), click Search and then click Display. Zoom in two steps and you can see Övraby west of Söderåkra. Click on Övraby to re-center the map and you can zoom in more.

Some speculations on the differing personal data:

1a) It could all be a mistake, these are actually different persons.

1b) They are the same persons, but mistakes have been made when entering or copying the records.

2) Her name Nogarson seems very strange, today there is no one named Nogarson or Nogarsson, or with Nogar as first name (see http://www.scb.se/befovalfard/sakomraden/namn/namnsok.asp ).
Could it be Holgersson or something similar? Perhaps her father's name was Jon Holgersson.
Or maybe it wasn't a son-name at all, but something that has been misunderstood, perhaps something like Norgården.

3) Crofter or carpenter: a Swedish torpare (often translated as crofter) rented a small farm, and paid some of his rent with work at the main farm. He could have had sheep. He really needed some other source of income, so he could also have been a carpenter.

Remember, this is just speculation!

// Bo Johansson

2001-10-04, 23:04
Svar #2

Utloggad Tomas Alriksson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 796
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-10-04, 12:54
    • Visa profil
Christina Jonsdotter and Sven Nilsson Ekman were both born in Övraby, Söderåkra. Sven Nilsson Ekman born July 25 1817 in Övraby, was a navy soldier at Ekaryd, Söderåkra when he July 6 1844 was married to Christina Jonsdotter born Febr 28 1821 in Övraby, after their marridge they lived in Övraby, Söderåkra.

Children of Sven Nilsson Ekman and Christina Jonsdotter, when the first two children are born he is told to be a navysoldier, and when the other children are born he is told to be crofter or sometimes just depentent lodger -that means he was not a land owner:
- Johan August b. June 17 1845 in Övraby, sailor
- Emma Charlotta b. Jan 26 1848 in Övraby, in 1870 she was married to a navysoldier Per Carlsson Fiskare in Prästlycke, Halltorp. I?ve talked to a granddaughter of hers, but she just knew that her grandmother had the sister Carolina.
- Victor b. March 16 1850 in Övraby, sailor
- Anton b. Sept 9 1852 in Övraby, died 1852.
- Carolina b. Sept 8 1853 in Övraby, marrid to a brother of Per Carlsson Fiskare, that was married to Carolinas sister Emma Charlotta. I?ve talked to a granddaughter of Carolina to, but she didn?t know more than the granddaughter of Emma Charlotta.
- Oscar b. Sept 14 1856 in Övraby, sailor, died April 17 1878 in Rio de Janeiro, Yellow fever.
- Per Alfrid b. Nov 9 1859, died Apr 17 1869.

Sven Nilsson Ekman died June 6 1888 in Övraby. When people died they usually made an inventory containing their possesses, and their inheritors. I?ve not been able to check if there is an inventory made and if any children are mentioned in it.    

Christina Jonsdotter was daughter of a crofter (former sailor) Jonas Pettersson, born Nov 24 1793 in Kroka, Söderåkra. He married Cajsa Håkansdotter b. Sept 22 1790 in Övraby nr 2, Söderåkra in May 19 1820, they settled in Övraby nr 2. The crofter Jonas Pettersson died Oct 2 1821 in Övraby nr 2, the widow had an illegitimate son Olaus Oct 29 1824 in Övraby nr 2, Söderåkra.
The widow Cajsa Håkansdotter was remarried Dec 2 1830 with Nils Persson in Ludensbo, Söderåkra.

Sven Nilsson Ekmans parents were both from Övraby, Söderåkra.
Nils Persson b. March 1 1773 in Övraby, married June 10 1814 to Ingerd Persdotter dead May 27 1824, age 31.

Regards/ Tomas

2001-10-05, 01:49
Svar #3

Rob Swenson

Bo, Tomas,

You are both a credit to your community.
Your enthusiasm and generosity in passing on this research is breathtaking.

Sincere thanks,

Rob

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna