ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Charles Oscar Von Segerborg immigrated in 1884-1886  (läst 311 gånger)

2001-12-15, 22:44
läst 311 gånger

Shannon Berry

Hello,
  I am researching my GGgrandfather, who immigrated to America from Sweden, we believe, when he was 8 or 10 years old (btw 1884 and 1886). He was sent here alone to live with an aunt and Uncle in Illinois or Indiana, and name was changed to Charles Oscar Seeber. He was born we believe in November 1875, We are not positive on Last name but we have narrowed it down to Segerborg or Segerberg and Charles always Said his father was Von Segerborg. It has been said that Charles had twin Brothers in Sweden that stayed with his parents. The names we have found on American papers for Charles Father is August Gustav Von Segerborg/Segerbaden/Segerberg. We have rather confidently eliminated the Segerbaden last name. His mother was said to be named Matilda Hertle. The papers also mention Ostergotland in several places, so this is a place we would like to start looking and see if we can find any possible matches for those last names in the later 1800's or the early 1900's. It is also said that Charles parents never came to America and either stayed in Sweden or went to Liverpool England. If anyone thinks they can help with this line, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sincerly,
Shannon Berry

2001-12-16, 10:49
Svar #1

Nina M.Nordby

Hi! I guess that it must be Von Segerborg,at least there are some names pronounced so at familysearch. There are a few Von Segerborgs mentioned in Västra Ny parish in Östergötland back in the early 1700's.

Maybe you should take a further look into a place Bergsjöboda,in Östergötland and Karlskrona, Blekinge, too. Some Von Segerbergs are mentioned there. Could there possible have been a change from Von Segerborg to Segerberg's too?

Mathilda Hertle,I guess that her name might be Hertel, take a look at this link. Maybe you could find a place in Östergötland to start searching:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/customsearchresults.asp?LDS=0®ion=17&juris1=Swed&last_name=hertle&first_name=

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna