ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: CD lookup Beda & Anna Karlsson 1877  (läst 1395 gånger)

2002-02-05, 23:21
läst 1395 gånger

Robert Carlson

Beda and Anna Karlsson born 1877 in Gränna Jönköpings. They may be my grandmother (Beda) and her twin sister Anna. I found these two names in the DISBYT database but I don't know if they are related. I have been searching a long time and this seems like my first real lead. Please could someone please look for me.
Thanks from Cardiff Wales
Bob Carlson

2002-02-06, 05:01
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi,

There are online parish records for Gränna.

http://jbgf.phetast.nu/bocker/granna/huvud.htm

födda = births
vigda = marriages
döda = deaths

This page shows the births for a few years around that time.The father should be named Karl.

http://jbgf.phetast.nu/bocker/granna/32c-52.htm

I didn't see those twin sisters in 1877. Perhaps they were listed in another year or weren't twins or weren't born in Gränna. What is the source of your information?

This is a great site. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Judy

2002-02-06, 22:53
Svar #2

Robert Carlson

Hi Judy,
You seem to be right, they don't look as if they are related. Oh well, I will plod on. I must agree about the site though. It is very good and I wish there were more like it. If anybody knows if there is a site like it dealing with the Gothenberg parishes could you please let me know as this is where my father thinks my grandmother comes from.
Thanks again for replying Judy

2002-02-07, 02:32
Svar #3

Chris Troy

Robert, there's a list of parishes with online databases catalogued by län, with links to their web sites.  Do not be put off by the Swedish text, it is easy to find the right parish:

http://www.genealogi.se/links2.htm

Some of the databases have an English version but many are Swedish language only.

Cheers, Chris

2002-02-07, 08:10
Svar #4

Robert Carlson

Thanks Chris,
I will keep looking, with help like this I will get there in the end.  
Bob Carlson

2002-02-17, 23:54
Svar #5

Bob Carlson

Still need help please

Please, friends,  
If you know of any online searchable databases, please share them with your fellow genealogists.  
I am looking for sites in the Göteborg area.  
Here are some sites that may be useful to other searchers.  

http://www.slaktdata.org/en/reg  
http://w1.361.telia.com/~u36110643/engindex.htm  
http://www.abc.se/~disbyt/  

please share if you can.  
Regards  
Bob

2002-02-18, 09:25
Svar #6

Eva Karlsson

Bob, why don't you tell us more about your grandmother or where your mother was born. That will make it easier for us to help you.

Regard  
Eva

2002-02-22, 23:26
Svar #7

Robert Carlson

Hi Eva,
      I think I may have given you the wrong idea, my mother was in fact Welsh. She married my father Francis Carlson who was Beda's fourth Child.
     I am trying to find out about my Swedish grandmother. Her name was Beda Wilhelmina Karlsson. Her date of birth was 3rd may 1875 or 1876 she died in Cardiff Wales UK in Oct 1950 aged 74. She is believed to have come from Gothenburg. She had a twin sister named Anna Marie who stayed in Sweden.  
   Beda was also known as Beatrice Carlson while she lived in Wales. I know Swedish people often changed their names when they settled in another country. Beda had a daughter named Helena. I have found a record of a Beatrice Karlsson in the catholic Saint David's cathedral baptism records in Cardiff. It is a record of Helena's confirmation, Helena was born Aug 26th 1905. This seems right because my father's eldest sister's name was Helena. It would seem that Beatrice had a hard time when she first came to Cardiff. Helena was taken into Nazareth House, an orphanage, when she was six. She was there until she was sixteen. My grandmother had three other children but Helena did not come home, very sad. I know my grandmother kept in touch as she was at Helena's confirmation in 1913. I don't know in which country Helena was born. I have tried to get her birth certificate, but they can't find any record of her in the Cardiff register office. My father's baptism is also recorded in the church records.
      My grandfather was John Carlson who was born about 1870-1880 in Gothenburg area. They both came to Wales about 1900, both worked in the Merchant Navy. He was a donkeyman and she a stewardess. It is possible they did not emmigrate but signed off their ship in the UK.  
   John was killed in late 1917 or early 1918 when his ship was torpedoed. There is a record of a John Carlson being killed at sea in the last quarter of 1917. He came from Cardiff and was aged 39. His ship was the Mergerison but I can't find this ship in any other records. This seems to be my grandfather as all the data seems to fit.
 Please help if you have any information or can give me any leads for my search. I understand there is a CD Goteborg emigranten with databases of Swedish records but I don't have access to this data.
Thanks  
bob.carlson@talk21.com

2002-04-08, 17:53
Svar #8

Hans Svedberg

Bob Carlson! Why have you suddenly changed Beda's family name to Svedberg and sent me a personal mail?
I prefer to answer here as you started in this very good forum. I have no Beda Vilhelmina Svedberg in my records! Svedberg is not an uncommon name (about 350 in Stocholm Phonebook). Some of them comming from Hälsingland (300 km north of Stockholm)

See you!
Hasse Svedberg

2002-04-08, 20:32
Svar #9

Bob Carlson

Dear Hasse,
I did not know my grandmother's maiden name until a few weeks ago. It was not on my fathers's birth certificate because my grandmother's name was recorded as Carlson. But I have just aquired a copy of my father's brother's birth certificate and Beda's maiden name is shown as Svedberg.
Sorry, yes, I should have stayed with the forum.
regards
Bob

This discussion continues under: Emigrants: Svedberg from Göteborg

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna