ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Carl Johan Svensson, b June 1, 1864 in Vimmerby  (läst 709 gånger)

2002-06-30, 18:48
läst 709 gånger

Ron Holmquist

Hi folks!

Thanks to Bo Persson & others, I now know that on Sept 27,1869, 5 year old Carl emigrated to America (MN) with an uncle.  

Unfortunately, I do not know the name of the uncle.  

I've reasoned that the uncle's surname could be either, Carlsdotter (Carlsson), Carl's mother's maiden surname or Carl's father's surname, Månsson.

The Carlssons were born in Vena parish.  
The Månssons were born in Vimmerby rural parish.

Maybe someone knows the answer to this puzzle and would please help.

Best Regards,

Mvh
Ron

2002-06-30, 19:42
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Ron,

An uncle could not be Carlsdotter (daughter of Carl) like his sister, although he could be a Carlsson (son of Carl).

Read about Swedish names at the SweGGate website.

http://www.sweggate.com

Follow this pathway.

Facts --> Names and Naming Practices

Good luck!

Judy

2002-07-01, 01:25
Svar #2

Ron Holmquist

Hi Judy!

Of course you are correct when you state that an uncle, (male) is not a Carlsdotter. However, I listed both genders just to cover all bases. (:>)

In fact, Sophia Svensdotter, Svensson's sister, is listed as a Svensson on the Emigration CD. Go figure,eh?

Regards,
Ron

2002-07-01, 02:33
Svar #3

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi,

The women were much more willing to use the son ending,especially at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century (or after emigrating) than a man would be to use the dotter ending. :-))))))  

There might have been a man using a dotter ending but I have never seen an example.

Judy

2002-07-01, 19:12
Svar #4

Ron Holmquist

Hi folks & Judy!

My question about Carl's uncle, the one who accompanied him to America, should have been phrased in the following manner:

Carl's father died, Oct 7, 1966 in Vena, 2 years after Carl's birth. Carl, who was born, June 1, 1864 in Vimmerby, emigrated to N. America at the young age of 5 yrs, on Sept 27, 1869, accompanied by one of his uncles.

Unfortunately, I do not have the uncles' given names nor birthdays. However, the uncle's surnames were, Månsson and Carlsson. They and members of their families were born in Vimmerby and Vena, respectively.

Any info about Carl and/or his uncles is accepted with gratitude!!

Mvh
Ron in Folsom, LA, USA

2002-07-01, 20:36
Svar #5

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
It does say in the Vena cl.survey that he emigrated with a farbroder, which means a paternal uncle.

2002-07-02, 02:21
Svar #6

Ron Holmquist

Hi Elisabeth!

Thanks, as always, for the help!!

Mvh
Ron

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna