ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Carl (Charles) Gustav Johnson from Granna, Jonkoping  (läst 1009 gånger)

2002-02-23, 23:20
läst 1009 gånger

Nancy Johnson Costa

Carl (Charles) Gustav Johnson born December 24, 1841 in Granna, Jonkoping.  He married Maria Helena Johansdotter from Vireda, Jonkoping.  She was born July 3, 1842.  They came to USA from Vireda in 1869.  They had two sons who were born in Sweden: Carl Otto born in 1865 and Sven John born in 1868.

Any family history would be greatly appreciated.

2002-02-24, 02:52
Svar #1

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21993
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-25, 14:08
    • Visa profil
Hi Nancy,
according to JBGF:s database only one child was born in Gränna Dec 24, 1841:

Karl (just Karl, not Gustav)
Parents: Farmer Jan Nilsson and Brita Jonasdotter in Bunnström Södergård.

Farmhand Jan Nilsson and maid Brita Jonasdotter, both Gränna Prästgård (parsonage), married in Gränna March 21, 1828.

They also had the children:
Johan, Aug 25, 1828 in Gränna Prästgård
Maja Stina, Nov 14, 1830 in Bunnström
Sofia, May 9, 1833 in Bunnström
Lotta, June 14, 1835 in Bunnström Mellangård

Gränna: http://jbgf.phetast.nu/bocker/granna/huvud.htm
Vireda: http://jbgf.phetast.nu/bocker/vireda/huvud.htm

Födda = Births
Vigda = Marriages
Döda = Deaths

Kind regards,
Maud
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2002-02-25, 12:07
Svar #2

Nancy Johnson Costa

Hi Maud,

Thank you so much for the information.  

I have some corrections to my original post.  Maria was born July 10, 1842.  Carl Otto was born November 9, 1865.  Sven John was born March 12, 1865.

Nancy

2002-02-25, 12:48
Svar #3

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Nancy Johnson Costa,
Possibly you have made a misstake about the year Sven John is born. Both children were not born in the same year. I have foud a Sven Johan born 1868-03-08 in Vireda parish. Parents Arrendator (=tenant) K J Jansson and wife M Jonsdotter in Boarp. Probably a look into the husförhörslängd would give you information.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2002-02-26, 01:42
Svar #4

Nancy Johnson Costa

Thank you Olle,

You are correct.  Sven John was born in 1868.

Nancy

2002-02-26, 05:53
Svar #5

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21993
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-25, 14:08
    • Visa profil
Hi Nancy,
It's most uncertain that Karl born Dec 24, 1841 is your man. Are you sure he had the second name Gustav?

As you may have noticed no Karl Gustav is born in Gränna in 1941 with a father named John, Johan, Jöns or Johannes (according to the database).

Olle Elm found K J Jansson in Vireda - K J is very likely Karl Johan. And there is a Karl Johan born in Gränna Nov 24, 1841, son of farmer Johannes Abramsson (short form of Abrahamsson) and Maria Månsdotter in Hövik.

Unfortunately, you can't draw any safe conclusions out of this. A look in the household records (husförhörslängder) of Vireda about 1868 is necessary, to start with.  

Maud
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2002-02-26, 11:52
Svar #6

Nancy Johnson Costa

Thank you Maud,

You are correct, I have no way to validate any of this information.  There has been a family debate as to whether his first name was Carl or Charles.  I have found some notes giving his second name as August.  Surely he changed his name upon coming to the USA.

How would I go about researching the household records?  

Could more information be gained by checking emigration records of 1869?

I truly appreciate your assistance and expertise.

Nancy

2002-02-27, 14:39
Svar #7

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Nancy Johnson Costa
When you first write about your ancestors, it looks like you are certain they emigrated from Vireda parish, and that Maria Helena Johansdotter came from Vireda. When I found Sven Johan born 1868-03-08 in Vireda parish with parents, Arrendator (=tenant) K J Jansson and wife M Jonsdotter in Boarp, it looks like this could be the family you are searching for. To be sure I think you should ask for them in the  and also try to look into the household records. I do not know how to do this in the U S. Perhaps you have mormon-centers with the possibility to borrow material. Here is a link where you can see the  household records of Vireda. I advise you to look into the record for the year Sven Johan is born, and follow the family up to the emigration. The last one to look into would bee AI:13 1866-1870. You could also try to ask in the discussions on Vireda, and hope someone is working on the household records for this time. To look for the family in Boarp, would bee quite easy, if you have the household records.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2002-03-02, 21:23
Svar #8

Nancy Johnson Costa

Hi Olle,

Thank you for your help!

Nancy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna