ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Axel and Gertrude Bergquist  (läst 578 gånger)

2002-09-01, 02:48
läst 578 gånger

N. Bishop

Axel Bergquist was born in Smaland 1-28-1863.  Gertrude was born April 1863. They left Sweden in 1886, landed in New York where their first son Carl Hilding was born.  I believe that Axel's brother Fred came with them.  They all settled in Chicago, Il., and lived there until their deaths. Axel died 2-18-1934, Gertrude 11-23-1939.  Axel and his brother worked for Pullman Company in Chicago.  Axel was a carpenter.

2002-09-01, 12:16
Svar #1

Utloggad Ann-Britt Ahlström

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 638
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-03-10, 15:49
    • Visa profil
Do you know where in Småland they were born, or where they lived before they left for America. It's easier to look for them if you can tell us that.

I have looked in Kronobergs county and there is an Axel born 1-27-1863 in Göterud parish. Father: Carl Bergqvist.  Mother: Cajsa Ekström. Can it be him?

Ann-Britt

2002-09-01, 21:37
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi N. Bishop,

Perhaps you can find some useful information about Axel and his brother who worked for Pullman. Perhaps they worked for the Pullman Car Works. Those records are preserved and this site tells how to access them. There is a free lookup service which lets you know if they are in that file of records.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~ssghs/pullman.htm#Pullman%20Collection

Good luck!

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna