ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Andrew P. and Inga Marie Olin, Emigrated 1871, Isanti County, MN  (läst 346 gånger)

2002-01-23, 05:12
läst 346 gånger

Joyce R. Bradley

I am seeking information on Andrew P. Olin and wife Inga Marie. According to their death certificates, Andrew P. Olin was born Feb. 12, 1833 in Sweden. It is stated that his father's name was Andrew, also, born in Sweden. His mother's maiden name was not given. Inga Marie was born Aug. 20, 1846 in Sweden. Her father's name is listed as Andrew Elf, and mother's maiden name is Cathrina Anderson both born in Sweden. She was 20 years old when she married Andrew P. Olin. According to census records, Andrew and she emigrated to the United States in 1871. Beginning in 1900, they are listed in Athens Township, Isanti County, Minnesota. I have read that most Swedish emigrants to Isanti County, MN were from the Dalarna area of Sweden, but I am not sure if that is true for this couple. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Joyce R. Bradley

2002-01-23, 18:56
Svar #1

Utloggad Lennart Fag

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 165
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-02-13, 21:19
    • Visa profil
Hello Joyce,
According to the CD Emigranten those persons who travelled together left Gothenburg in April 28, 1871 with destination Chicago:
Anders Petter Larsson, 37 years old
Inga Maria, age 25
Ida, age 10 and
Alma, age 1.
They all came from Ornunga parish in the county of Älvsborg. Do their data fit with your Olin family?
Regards
Lennart

2002-01-24, 18:19
Svar #2

Joyce R. Bradley

Hello Lennart,

This information looks promising! If I could find Andrew on the 1880 United States census, I could, at least, verify that he did have daughters named Ida and Alma. I am having trouble finding him and his family. I, also, do not have his immigration papers which would probably tell me more about him. Anyway, thanks for your help, and I will keep the above information in mind while continuing my research.

Thank you,
Joyce

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna