ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Andrew Larson, Clara Olson Larson (wife)  (läst 2217 gånger)

2002-02-27, 20:35
läst 2217 gånger

Norma Lanigan

Andrew born May 25, 1860, Clara born Jan. 19, 1862 Vannesborg (?) can't find on map?  Marriage date May 25, 1883.  Andrew came to Chicago (USA) in 1889 and Clara and 3 children came to Chicago (USA) 1891. Children's names:  
Oscar Verner..Mar. 8, 1884
Hilma christina..May 11, 1886
Ellen Adellia.. May 18, 1888
CHILDREN BORN IN USA:
Bertha Kathryn (my grandmother) June 28, 1892
Oscar Varner 1/29/1894, John Ephrain 2/5/1896,
Ethel Elizabeth 3/14/1899, Roy Edward 6/13/1901,
twins (Harry & Harold) 3/26/1903,Myrtle Theresa 11/28/1905, Esther Elvira 7/10/19097.
In Chicago, Il Andrew worked as a carpenter for the railroad shops.  In 1893 he bought a farm near Knox, Indiana and lived there til1 1909, at which time they moved to Devon, Ks where they lived til 1919  when they moved to Mapleton, Ks.  They lived in Mapleton til their deaths.  Clara died Jan 29, 1941 and Andrew died April 5, 1952.
Andrew & Clara were my great, great grandparents.
I would like to know who their parents were, if there are any relatives in Sweden, what ships they came to US on, etc.

2002-02-27, 21:02
Svar #1

Norma Lanigan

Correction:  Andrew & Clara Larson were my Great Grandparents.

2002-02-28, 04:04
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

I think that your Vannesborg is probably Vänersborg.This is a map showing the location of Vänersborg.

http://www.stadskartan.se/start/karta.asp?kartid=2949&cityid=0&streetid=0

Judy

2002-02-28, 06:55
Svar #3

Norma Lanigan

Thanks Judy, I was also wondering if it could be Vanersborg. Any of my relatives who would know have all passed on. I acquired all of my info from my grandmother (Bertha Larson)who has also passed.  I just wish that I had been more interested in finding relatives and genealogy when everyone was still alive.

Norma

2002-02-28, 16:03
Svar #4

Elisabet Bergkvist

Hi Norma,
Föreningen Släktdata at http://www.slaktdata.org/en/reg has Parish record files to download, including Vänersborg. Unfortuately your great grandparents and their children were not there. Perhaps they were from a parish near Vänersborg.

Regards, Elisabet

2002-02-28, 19:36
Svar #5

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

Perhaps you could check the parishes in the kommun (municipality) of Vänersborg.

http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-13626/15alvsborg.htm

I have a lot of ancestors from Frändefors and some from Brålanda, which are parishes in that kommun.I own some of the fiche for Fråndefors, including the birth records. I can check those records soon, perhaps tomorrow or this weekend. I have borrowed some Brålanda microfilms from a Family History Center but I  don't have the right years for Brålanda to help you at this time.

Good luck!

Judy

2002-02-28, 23:56
Svar #6

Norma Lanigan

Thanks Elisabet.
I did a search on the net for Vannesborg, Sweden and came up with something of interest.  It seems that some type of entertainment news source called, Northern Uproar was sending a Big Hello to a Mats Paulsson in Vannesborg, Sweden.
Wonder if that means there really is a Vannesborg?
I have also found the web site that you gave to me but haven't had time to go through all of it.

Norma

2002-03-01, 00:09
Svar #7

Norma Lanigan

Thank you Judy,
I will appreciate any help that you can give me.
I will also check the web site that you mentioned.
I find all of this very confusing since I do not speak Swedish.  Wish that I did as I have an old Swedish bible that was handed down in the family and I can't read a stitch. Unfortunately there is nothing about the family written in it.

Norma

2002-03-01, 11:02
Svar #8

Bo Johansson

Abot the Big Hello from Northern Uproar to a Mats Paulsson in Vannesborg, Sweden:

Since this was not a Swedish page, it very probably is a non-successful attempt at spelling Vänersborg.

// Bo Johansson

2002-03-01, 17:30
Svar #9

Norma Lanigan

Thank you Bo,
I will continue to search in the Vanersborg area.
Andrew named his first son Oscar Varner. Oscar died 6/1891. They had another son born 1/29/1894 who they also named Oscar Varner. Maybe the Varner was represetative of Varnersborg?
My Grandmother did say that they lived in the southern part of Sweden. She also said that a brother brought them over on his boat (is this possible?)  She said that the brother (think that it was Andrew Larson's brother but not sure) went back to Sweden and they never heard from him again.  Since Andrew came in 1889 and Clara came in 1891 with the 3 children, I am assuming that the brother brought Clara in 1891.

Norma

2002-03-07, 03:51
Svar #10

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

I wasn't able to check the parish records for Frändefors until today. Bad weather and a busy life kept me away from the library where I use the fiche reader/printer. I own many of the fiche for Frändefors but not a fiche reader. I have some good news for you. :-)

I found your family living in Frändefors parish, which is one of the parishes in Vännersborgs kommun. In fact, my mormor's family must have known your family since they lived at the same village?/farm? (Tjärtakan) where my mormor's family had lived for generations. They are only a few pages apart in the records. (Two sides of my family lived in the same parish, so it is always possible that my farfar's family knew your family too. My mormor's family and farfar's family lived on nearby farms  and my mormor and farfar knew each other from Sweden. My parents met in Chicago at the funeral of my farfar's brother. My mormor took my mother to the funeral and my parents met there.)

I won't have time to do a complete family tree for you (and I don't have all the records either) but at least you know a parish to start researching. I do have some curiosity since it may well be possible that we might have a connection if we go back far enough. I need to do more checking there. I'll let you know if I find anything connecting us.

I made copies of the following records. If you want them, contact me privately with your mailing address. Any other comments should probably be put on Anbytarforum. It is always a good idea to advertise. :-)))

Anders Larsson was born at Högen, Frändefors, on 25 May 1860. He was baptised 26 May 1860. His father was Lars Svensson and his mother was Anna Petersdotter. Witnesses were Jonas Anderson and Kjerstin Svensdotter, (from) Bränneberg. (I'm not sure of this location.) Pay attention to witnesses. They are often friends or relatives. (Source: Frändefors C:9  2/2)

I also found your Anders in the extracts from this birth record but there was an error. Errors do creep in, so ALWAYS check the original source, which was the Birth and Baptism record listed above. In this record, his father was erroneously listed as August Larsson. That would have made baby Anders the grown Anders Augustsson. Notice the error below.

98th birth for the year, Anders, May 25, 1860, Anna Petersdotter (mother) and August Larsson (father) bonde (farmer), Högen (residence). (Source: Frändefors Födde (births) 1860-1862.)

I don't have a complete set of husförhörslängd (clerical survey records, which group people in families), but I did find one listing the family of your Anders Larsson, with his parents and siblings. You need to check every available husförhörslängd to get the full family, since people die and move away, and you will need to do some checking to see who survived to adulthood, married, had children, stayed in Sweden or emigrated, etc. I won't have time to do that for you. The extracts of birth, marriage, and death records continue to 1920 in Frändefors and then you can contact the parish or landsarkiv to see if you can get even further along in your research and maybe eventually find  the descendants of those people. There are also various notes which are hard to read (scribbled) and you will need to decipher them. I don't have the time, unfortunately. Dates are sometimes guesses. The writing is not always clear. Check the actual birth records to be accurate.

This husförhörslängd is for 1871-1875. (Source: Frändefors A 1 :23  10/13)

Högen (the residence)

B (Bonde = farmer) Lars Svensson born in (18)23 in Frändefors
H (Hustru = wife) Anna Stina Petersdotter born (18)18 in Ryr ??

barn (children):  

Olof  born in Frändefors (18)51 1/5 (day/month) (name crossed off; can't read note)
Christina born in Frändefors (18)54 5/1 (name crossed off; (to Norge = Norway???, 8/5 (18)74
Carolina born in Frändefors (18)57 5/2  
Anders born in Frändefors (18)60  25/5
Gustaf born in Frändefors (18)64 27?/7?
Laura born in Frändefors (18)47 12/6  (She had been elsewhere and then rejoined the family. There is a page number to check in the records for this parish.)

More in a few minutes.

Judy

2002-03-07, 03:54
Svar #11

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi again, Norma,

Here is the rest of the information.

I tried to find the father Lars Svensson in the birth records for Frändefors in 1823 but I didn't find him. Maybe there was an error in the year. I might check again another time, especially when I purchase more of the husförhörslängd records for earlier years.

I don't know of a Ryr parish so I think you will need to check the copies when you get them, so you can find the birth records for the mother, Anna Stina Petersdotter. It is very possible that her birthplace will be more readable in another record. Some are easier to read than others.

Klara Olsdotter (your Clara Olson) was the 15th birth of 1862. She was born 19 January 1862 in Tjärtakan, Frändefors. Her father was the bonde (farmer) Olof Olsson and her mother was Ellika Gabrielsdotter. (That name Ellika is unclear on this record but very clear elsewhere. I had never heard of Ellika as a name but it seems to be Ellika.) This is an extract from the birth records, which weren't microfilmed in the later years. (Source: Frändefors Födda (Births) 1860-1862)

I have several of the husförhörslängd (HFL) records for her family, since the residence is the same (area) as that of my mormor's family. :-)

This HFL is for 1866-1870. (Source: Frändefors A 1 :22  9/12) (All years are from the 1800s unless I tell you differently.)

The day of the month preceeds the month.)

Tjärtakan (the residence)
B (Bonde = farmer) Olof Olsson d.y. (= den yngre = the younger)  born 35  1/1 in Frändefors

H (Hustru = wife) Ellika Gabrielsdotter born 31  16?/5 in Högsäter (a parish in Älvsborgs county) (I want her name to be Ulrika, which I've heard about, but it looks like Ellika.)

Barn (children):

Klara  born 62 19/1 in Frändefors
Anna Elisabet 64 22?/2
Gustafva 66 25/7, dead 19?/4  68
Oscar 69 1/4

Several lines down on the same page, I think the father of Olof Olsson is listed. I can't read everything about him. (I need to spend a lot of time, sometimes, with a magnifying glass, trying to decipher the difficult writing on records for my family. It can be done but it takes a lot of time.)

fader (father)   Enkl (Enkling = widower) Olof Olsson born (17)75? or maybe (17)95 in Frändefors, dead 27/11 67

This HFL is for 1871-1875 (Source: Frändefors A1:24 10/13) Check above for meanings of abbreviations, etc.)

Tjärtakan
B Olof Olsson d.y.  35 1/1 Frändefors
H. Ellika Gabrielsdotter 31 16/5 Högsäter  

Klara (Something is written here: 2 döda, 2 dead?; check for another child by that name, perhaps, who might have died.) 62 19/1 Frändefors
Anna Elisabeth  64 22/2? Frändefors
Oskar 69 1/4 Frändefors
Gustafva (a different one) 72 4/? , dead 5/?  74

This HFL is for 1881-1885. (Source: Frändefors A 1: 28 8/13)

Tjärtakan
? Olof Olsson 35 1/1  Frändefors, gift (= married) (18)59
H  Ellika Gabrielsdotter 31  16/5  Högsäter

Barn:  

Klara 62 19/1 Frändefors (name crossed off; relisted below; note on side that needs to be deciphered.)
Anna Elisabet 64 22/2 Frändefors

Måg (= son-in-law) Anders Larsson 60 25/5 Frändefors
H (Hustru = wife) Klara Olsdotter 62 19/1 Frändefors
Barn (child) Oskar Verner 84 8/3 Frändefors

This is the birth and baptism record of Klara's father, Olof Olsson. (Source: Frändefors C:6  2/7)

Olof, born 1 January 1835 in Tjärtakan, Frändefors, baptised 2 January 1835. Father: B (Bonde = farmer) Olof Olsson; Mother: Karin Larsdotter; Witnesses: B Lars Ersson and hustru (wife) Karin Olsdotter, ibm (ididem = the same place; Latin). I think (but need to prove) that Karin Olsdotter, the witness, is the older sister of my mormor's mor: mother's mother's mother. Karin was born in 1816 and would have been old enough to be a witness, and lived at the same farm. This is not proof, but it makes me wonder if we will find some distant relationships eventually between our families.)

This is from the extract of the marriage records for Frändefors. It is the marriage record for Anders Larsson and Klara Olsdotter. (Source: Frändefors Vigde 1873-1887)

5th marriage of the year, May 25, 1883. Larsson, Anders hemmason (son living at home?), Högen (his residence), Olsdotter, Clara hemmadotter (daughter living at home?), Tjärtakan

I found the births of the three children born in Sweden when I checked the extracts from the birth records.

23rd birth of the year, Oskar Varner, 3? (doesn't look like 8) May 1887; parents: Anders Larsson, H. eg. (= hemmansegare = farm owner), Clara Olsdotter, Tjärtakan. (Source: Frändefors Födda 1882-1886)

61st birth of the year, Hilma Christina, 11 May 1886, parents: Anders Larsson, H. eg. (= hemmansegare = farm owner), Clara Olsdotter, Tjärtakan. (Source: Frändefors Födda 1886-1890)

29th birth of the year, Ellin Adelia, 18 May 1888, parents: Anders Larsson, H. eg. (= hemmansegare = farm owner), Clara Olsdotter, Tjärtakan. (Source: Frändefors Födda 1886-1890)

This is the husförhörslängd for 1886-1890 showing your family with all the Swedish-born children. Klara's parents are also listed.

Tjärtakan

B.  Olof Olsson 35 5/1 (That's how it looks, but it is really 1/1), Frändefors, married (18)59
H  Ellika Gabrielsdotter 31 16/5 Högsäter, dead 18?/12/89
Barn  
Anna Elisabeth 64 22/2 Frändefors

Måg (son-in-law) Anders Larsson 60 25/5  Frändefors, married 25/4 83, Amerika 12/9? 88 (doesn't look like 89)
H Klara Olsdotter 62 13/1 (It is a mistake in the date, probably caused by much poor writing in the records), Frändefors, (do= ditto, meaning Amerika, 6/9? 90

Barn:  

Oskar Verner 84 8/3, Frändefors
Hilma Christina 86 11/5, Frändefors
Ellen Adelia 88 18/3 (another mistake; always check the original records, Frändefors

There are some details that I didn't include and I didn't try to figure out the difficult writing. If you want these records so you can see them for yourself, send me your address.

I hope this helps.

Judy

2002-03-07, 14:39
Svar #12

Sharon Galitz

There are several women named Ellika in my husband's ancestry in Kristianstad.

2002-03-07, 20:01
Svar #13

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the information that the name Ellika exists. I wanted to be accurate for Norma but I wasn't sure about that name.

Judy

2002-03-07, 20:04
Svar #14

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

I forgot to give the source for the husförhörslängd for 1886-1890.

Source: A 1:30 7/12.

Judy

2002-03-08, 02:43
Svar #15

Norma Lanigan

Thank you Judy!
I cannot thank you enough!  You mentioned a Jonas Anderson as a witness. My Grandmother corresponded with an old friend of hers with the last name of Anderson who lived in Indiana.  She said that this girls parents were old friends of the family. Perhaps they came from Sweden together?  
This is strange that you have offered to help me find my ancestors and now it seems that they may have all crossed paths, maybe even that we are related.
I see that Anders and Klara both left Sweden a year earlier than my grandmother had told me.  This may be why I never found them on the immigration lists.  
Thanks Again,
Norma

2002-03-08, 18:29
Svar #16

Barbro Östholm (Barbro)

Hi Norma!

Tjärtakan is a small region in the south west area of Frändefors parish. In 1991 there was about 20 houses/small farms in Tjärtakan according to the book Vår bygd 1891 (=Our region 1891).
Your Olof and Ellika owned and lived on a small farm about 500meters from Judy?s ancestors. Their daughter Anna Elisabeth died in 1895, so it looks like Klara was the only child left (unless Oskar, born 1869, left home before 1881, maybe Judy knows?)    

Olof Olsson(1835) died 1909.  
Olof and Klara owned the farm (this also makes it probable that Klara was the only child alive), but it was rented by an other farmer from 1891 to 1902 when it was sold. There is a description of the farm from that year in this book.  

Högen and Bränneberg are two farms close to each other, some 10km from Tjärtakan, close to Frändefors community.

Yes Judy, hemmason hemmadotter means son/daughter living at home with his/her parents.

Barbro

2002-03-09, 17:49
Svar #17

Utloggad Pehr Hedenqvist

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-28, 17:29
    • Visa profil
    • www.hedenqvist.com/ph
Ellika Gabrielsdotter, born May 16th, 1831 in Hedene, Högsäter, was the daughter of Gabriel Amundsson and Anna Lisa Andersdotter. I have their ancestors several generations back. Let me know if you want them.

2002-03-10, 00:23
Svar #18

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

I mailed your copies yesterday (Friday) afternoon, so you should get them soon.

Judy

2002-03-10, 00:40
Svar #19

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Barbro,

It is interesting to find that Norma's ancestors and my ancestors lived only about 500 meters apart. That seems close! Maybe we will find some common ancestors if we research back far enough.

I don't think I have any more husförhörslängd at the moment for Tjärtakan, but maybe I will find Oskar on another farm. I will look for him in the death records and I also plan to purchase many more husförhörslängd for Frändefors soon, so perhaps I will find what happened to him.

Thanks for telling me about hemmason and hemmadotter. I guessed using my memory that hemma means at home.It seemed to fit the context so I didn't check a dictionary.Now I have two new words in my vocabulary.:-)

Tack så mycket!

Judy

2002-03-10, 00:50
Svar #20

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Pehr,

It is so exciting to find that you made a connection with Norma! I am happy for both of you!

Judy

2002-03-10, 05:55
Svar #21

Norma Lanigan

Hi Barbro,
My goodness, 500 meters, that is just next door to Judy's ancestors.  
I doubt that Oscar would have left home at such an early age..unless..he went to live with Klara and Anders or did Klara & Anders live with Klara's parents after they were married?  Klara's father must have rented out the farm when Klara left for the US as she immigrated in 1890 according to records (1891 according to my Grandmother).  It doesn't sound like Olof had any family left after Klara came to the US...Life would really be lonesome with no family.  
If I were to tell someone where my ancestors were from, how would I write it? Tjartakan, Frandefors, Sweden???

I appreciate the time that you have taken.
Thank you,
Norma

2002-03-10, 06:11
Svar #22

Norma Lanigan

Hi Pehr!
Thank you for the information.  Yes, I will love to have any information that you have on my ancestors and any living relatives, if you know of any.

Thanks again,
Norma

2002-03-10, 06:14
Svar #23

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

Klara and Anders lived with Klara's parents. Remember that Anders was listed as the son-in-law of Olof Olsson. They were listed on the same page. I am not sure if they lived in the same house, but they were together.

I will try to find Oskar in the death records when I have a chance. I'm not sure when I'll have time to check.

I write Tjärtakan,Frändefors,Älvsborg, Sweden.I am not sure it is necessary to write all of that, but I do.The Swedes might have a better suggestion.

I had the same thought about poor Olof Olsson who was left alone, but he probably had some other relatives and friends nearby. It still must have been horrible for him (and for the emigrants too) to be separated and know that they might never see each other again.

Judy

2002-03-10, 06:14
Svar #24

Norma Lanigan

Hi Judy,

Thank you for the mailing, I will be looking forward to receiving it.

Norma

2002-03-10, 07:10
Svar #25

Norma Lanigan

Hi Judy,
Sorry, I am still trying to digest all of the information.  Since it lists Klara as farm owner, it is most likely that they all lived in the same house, don't you think?  I wonder if Oscar was the brother that supposedly brought Klara to the US?  My Grandmother said that he went back to Sweden and they never heard from him again..they didn't know what happened to him.  
Thanks for the info on the Swedish address.
Norma

2002-03-10, 17:19
Svar #26

Barbro Östholm (Barbro)

Hi Norma!

Source: The book Vår Bygd 1891:
When the farm was rented out in 1891 the paper stating this was signed by Anna Elisabeth(who dies 1895) and Johan Olsson, the guardian of Olof Olsson. Olof must have been incapable in some way since he had a guardian?

The ad. in the paper when the house was to be sold in 1901 says the house and buildings were i fairly good shape. The barn had straw roof. The house had slate roof and 4 rooms. I guess they all lived in the same house since there only was one house (a house with 2 floors built in 1850 and teared down about 110 years later). The farm could feed 1 horse and 4 cows.

Your question about the address: You can wright the way Judy does, or Tjärtakan, Frändefors, Dalsland (the landskap or province) and part of Älvsborgs län (the administrative area).
Barbro

2002-03-10, 23:34
Svar #27

Norma Lanigan

Hi Barbro!
I am so excited to be finding out so much about my ancestors, thank you. It is hard to imagine a four room house that is two story. I wonder if Olof built the house himself? Anders and Klara named their sixth child, John Ephrain b.2/5/1896 d,3/21/1942. Maybe Johan was a close relative and John was named after him. Johan and John are the same thing, aren't they?
The address would be: Tjartakan, Frandefors, Dasland, Alvsborg...or do I leave the Alvsborg off?  This is really confusing as in the US we just put the town, the state and USA.
Norma

2002-03-11, 00:13
Svar #28

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

We also put the county name in our records for genealogy. I live, for example, in Orland Park, Cook, Illinois, United States of America.

I have seen some place names in Sweden which include the kommun (municipality) too. If we wrote that, it would be Tjärtakan, Frändefors, Vänersborg, Älvsborg, (and/or Dalsland) Sweden. At some point, we are spending too much time (and space) writing the name. :-)))

I think you can write Tjärtakan, Frändefors, Älvsborg, Dalsland, Sweden, (smallest place to largest place) but perhaps you won't be able to fit all of that on the little lines of a family chart. :-)))You need to give enough information so that someone else will know the location. There is only one parish named Frändefors so you don't need as much detail as if you had a parish that also existed in another location.

The Swedes use letter codes for the counties and Älvsborg county is P, so you could write Frändefors (P), and Swedes would understand where it was.

This site tells how to make the extra Swedish letters of å, ä, and ö, which are not the same as the letters a and o.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~swewgw/facLangAlpha.htm

If you would like to gather proof from the Swedish-American church records and try to find the obituaries in the Swedish-American newspapers, contact the Swenson Center. They will let you visit them to research or you can have them do the research. The church records can't be borrowed, but the newspaper microfilms are available through interlibrary loan. I have found a LOT of information from visits to the Swenson Center. I know your information is accurate and detailed but it is still a good idea to find more sources for that information.

http://www.augustana.edu/administration/SWENSON/index.htm

The names (such as Johan, Johannes, etc.) that became John were very common. I have MANY in my ancestry and the name continues to be common in my family. You will probably find some of the answers to your questions (such as who was that Johan Olsson who was the guardian of Olof Olsson) as you continue to research.

It is amazing how much information is available in public records and it is wonderful that the Swedes are contributing information to help you. I am sure you are excited. I find this exciting too!

Judy

2002-03-11, 01:48
Svar #29

Norma Lanigan

Hi Judy,
Since this is my first attempt at genealogy, I guess that I am showing a lack of knowledge.  Thanks for straightening me out on the address thing.
Yes, Barbro and Pehr are really appreciated by me.
Barbro has really given me an insight into what life must have been like for my ancestors and Pehr has given me a lot of information, of which, I am most gratful.
You, of course, have stayed with me all of the way.
Thanks
Norma

2002-03-11, 22:15
Svar #30

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

You have had success because your original information was so detailed and accurate. You were very wise to get that information from your grandmother while she could help you. She was also a very good record-keeper herself.

Now that you have more information from the records, you will have even more success gathering the rest of the information you need. You don't show a lack of knowledge at all. I knew much less than you did when I started my research in the summer of 2000.The only place name I had was Grundsbro (which turned out to be Grunsbo)and I had no idea where that was in Sweden. I also didn't have much information on family names (other than Americanized versions of parts of their names) and I didn't have dates.You are far ahead of me at the same stage of research. Many kind people gave me hints on how to research and record information, etc. and I am sure I still have much to learn.

It is fascinating to learn details about the home and barn. It is wonderful that there are such sources available to help us visualize the places they lived and what life must have been like.It's even fun to know how many horses and cows they might have owned. It's hard to imagine, before we start researching, how much information is truly available.It is kind of Barbro to share that information with us, and what a thrill it must have been for you to find several generations of the ancestors of your Ellika because of Pehr's help.  

Judy

2002-03-13, 02:56
Svar #31

Norma Lanigan

Hi Judy,
I have received the copies that you sent me, thanks.  I see what you mean when you say, they are very hard to read.  I am not sure that I can do it.
Yes, thanks to you and Pehr, I now have information on many, many ancestors.  
Pehr has sent me much info on Ellika and her father, Gabriel Amundsson.  
I thank each and everyone who has posted to me here on this board.  
I now need to sit down and digest all of this information and enter it into my Family Tree Maker.

Norma

2002-04-18, 01:27
Svar #32

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

I had a chance to check the microfiche today, and I found the death of Oskar, son of Olof Olsson and Ellika Gabrielsdotter in Tjärtakan. He was 8 years, three days old. The cause of death was not listed.  

He died 4 May 1877.  

Source: Frändefors Döda (Deaths) 1876-1883

I will send you a copy of this record.

Judy

2002-04-18, 18:29
Svar #33

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi again, Norma,

I thought I had your address but I can't find it. If you want this copy, send me your address in email.

Thanks,

Judy

2002-04-19, 10:53
Svar #34

Norma Lanigan

Hello Judy,

Thanks for the information on Oskar.
I have sent you another e-mail, maybe this one will come through in tact.

Norma

2002-04-20, 00:40
Svar #35

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Norma,

I mailed that copy to you this morning.

Judy

2002-04-20, 08:18
Svar #36

Norma Lanigan

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna