ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Anders PETERSON  (läst 450 gånger)

2001-11-07, 18:34
läst 450 gånger

Geraldine Pfleuger

I am looking for the following family. Is there a way to tell if these daughters were married before arriving in the United States?
Anders PERSSON/PETERSON b. June 8 1822 in Gronang, Tobo, Vimmerby  Sweden  
Married Lena Lovisa ISAKSDOTTER  born June 21 1824,  March 12 1847 in Vimmerby, Landsforsamling, Sweden Emigrated to United States June 27 1882. Had the following children
Anna Sofia b. November 16 1847 emigrated April 9 1869
Christina Lovisa b. September 26 1852  emigrated June 27 1869
Carolina Charlotta b. November 22 1849 emigrated April 26, 1882
Anders Oscar b.July 12, 1855 d. November 16, 1855
Anders Peters b.November 14 1857 emigrated June 27, 1882
Carl Johan b.January 28, 1860 emigrated April 29, 1880
Maris Josefina b.March 15, 1863 emigrated June 27, 1882
Selma Augusta b.November 23, 1866 emigrated June 27, 1882
I can locate the elder Anders PETERSON on the 1910 census in Warren, Warren County Pa. he was living with his son-in-law Otto ANDERSON.
I found an obit for Carl Johan stating that he was in Wiscousin but resided his last 16 years in or around Warren, Warren County Pa.
Anders Peter married Anna  Katrina SVENSSON b September 30 1852 in Alseda, Vetlanda, Jonkoping, Sweden emigrated May 11 1883 to Hull England and was said to be going to Titioute Warren County Pa. Was said to leave Gotenburg on the ship Remeo with her brother Sven b.January 7, 1851.  
Their parents were Sven JOHANSSON and Anna Maria PETERSDOTTER.
 Some how from  the time they left Sweden  to when they arrived in Untied States, Anna and Sven changed their name to ALSTRAND
Is there any way I can find out if Anna Sofia and Carolina Charlotta were married or if they came alone.
I haven't located any ship's list with any of their names on them, I was sent the above information from someone and I don't know who it was.

2001-11-07, 20:47
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Dear Geraldine,

It seems that your information is not quite correct. There is a book about emigrants from Vimmerby, but your family was not found there.

In the database Emigranten however, the following family was found as emigrating 1882 June 30 from the parish of Lönneberga, fairly close to Vimmerby: (the date is when they left the port of Göteborg)

Anders P. Syr?n, age 60
w. Lena, age 58
d. Christina, age 30
d. Maria, age 19
d. Selma, age 15

They all had tickets for Jamestown, NY, except Selma, who had a ticket for New York.

The way to find out if this is the correct family is to check the church records for Lönneberga, and see if the dates fit with your information.

If you do not agree with this, then the way to do it is to go back to Vimmerby and check their records.

2002-10-18, 02:50
Svar #2

Donna Johnson

Hello. I live 5 miles from Jamestown, N.Y. If you need any help, let me know, as I have received so much from others & would like to return the favor. I have Petersons and Svensons in my family. I have been looking for Sven Svenson/Magnuson. His wife was Anna Sophia. Sven & Anna had 2 known daughters; Sophia Anna & Mathilda Charlotte. Maybe they are related?
I can also go to Warren, Pa as well.  
Sincerely,  
Donna    donnajohnson3970@msn.com

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna