ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Albertina b. 1877 emigrated from Lund to Canada early 1900's  (läst 1097 gånger)

2002-12-19, 03:46
läst 1097 gånger

Langca

Looking to find the last name of my great-grandmother, born in 1877.  Her first name is Albertina.  She emigrated to Canada in the early 1900s from Lund.  She married Nils Andersson, son of Andy Trollsen.  Where do I start????

2002-12-19, 04:01
Svar #1

Langca

Looking for the last name and birth date of my great-grandmother.  She married Nels Andersson who was the son of Anders Trollsen.  Please let me know where I can start?????

2002-12-19, 04:37
Svar #2

Anders Andersson

C.A., since you don't seem to know Albertina's birthplace, your best route of action is probably to search for her on the Emigrant CD, which lists emigrants departing from major Swedish ports since 1869.

If you don't have access to the Emigrant CD yourself, you could try posting a request for help in the discussion Källor: Emigrantkällor: CD-emigranten (efterlysningar). Hopefully one of the readers who has access to the CD will help you out. Albertina's name is important, as well as her age and last place of residence (Lund).

Another option would be to assume that Albertina was born in Lund, and search the 1877 birth records for Lund parish, but this may be a lot of work since Lund had around 14,000 inhabitants at that time, and there may have been several girls named Albertina born in the same year. Therefore the preferred method is to first find the exact date of emigration, so that you can look her up in the parish records for her last place of residence in Sweden.

For future postings in Anbytarforum, please use your full name in the Användarnamn field.  It's always nice to be able to address people using their proper names rather than obscure acronyms... :-)

2002-12-19, 20:09
Svar #3

Utloggad Lena Thelin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-09-16, 22:02
    • Visa profil
    • www.arleco.nu/minslakt/sv
Lanca,

Do you have any more first names on your great-grandmother?

At the cencus for 1890 there is 5 women with the name Albertina in Lund but they all have more than one first name.

Do you have all the names on her children?

best regards
Lena Thelin

2002-12-19, 20:44
Svar #4

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Langca,

This is the only Albertina from Lund on the Emigrant CD and her age is not close to the woman you are seeking. She also emigrated far earlier than you mentioned.  She traveled with the people listed below her information.

First name: ALBERTINA
Head: JÖNSSON KERSTI REHN
Parish: LUND     County: M
Port: MALMÖ
Date: 1891 04 23
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: JA
Source: 1891:1819:2895

JÖNSSON       KERSTI REHN   29    LUND          M     1891   NEW YORK
                ALBERTINA      3    LUND          M     1891   NEW YORK
                BROR OSCAR     1    LUND          M     1891   NEW YORK
                AXEL FREDRIK   5    LUND          M     1891   NEW YORK
  REHN          KERSTI JÖNSS  29    LUND          M     1891   NEW YORK

These are all the people named Albertina who emigrated from the former Malmöhus county, now Skåne.  

ALBERTINA     31    MALMÖ         M     1881   NEW YORK
                ALBERTINA      3    LUND          M     1891   NEW YORK
  EKLUND        ALBERTINA     18    BJUF          M     1870   NEW YORK
  GRÖNVALL      ALBERTINA     42    HELSINGBORG   M     1894   CHICAGO
  JAKOBSSON     ALBERTINA     15    RÖRUM         M     1880   CHICAGO
  JOHANSSON     ALBERTINA     12    MALMÖ         M     1916   BORDULAC
  JOHANSSON     ALBERTINA     12    MALMÖ         M     1916   BORDULAC ND
  LINDH         ALBERTINA     16    STEHAG        M     1890   AKRON OH
  NILSDOTTER    ALBERTINA     21    MALMÖ         M     1881   NEW YORK
  NILSSON       ALBERTINA     50    LANDSKRONA    M     1895   NEW YORK
  NILSSON       ALBERTINA     22    V SKRÄVLINGE  M     1914   NEW YORK
  PERSSON       ALBERTINA     33    LIMHAMN       M     1924   WEYMONTH MA
  PERSSON       ALBERTINA     32    LIMHAMN       M     1924   BROCKTON MA
  PETTERSSON    ALBERTINA     56    LANDSKRONA    M     1918   NEW YORK
  SVENSON       ALBERTINA     21    VÄSTERSTAD    M     1882   NEW YORK
  BLOMBERG      ALBERTINA C   48    MALMÖ         M     1916   NEW YORK
  LARSSON       ALBERTINA CH  30    MALMÖ         M     1890   KENSINGTON I
                ALBERTINA CH  34    MALMÖ         M     1882   NEW YORK
  NILSSON       ALBERTINA J   19    MALMÖ         M     1894   NEW YORK
  GREKO         ALBERTINA K   14    MALMÖ         M     1891   NEW YORK
  MODIN         ALBERTINA K   23    SVALÖF        M     1901   OMAHA NE
  PETERSSON     ALBERTINA W   56    LANDSKRONA    M     1918   NEW YORK
  THOMSSON      ALBERTINA W   18    RAUS          M     1907   BOSTON MASS

Good luck!

Judy

2002-12-19, 22:28
Svar #5

Anders Andersson

Looking at the ages and years of emigration, it seems that Albertina Modin from Svalöf is the only one who could have been born in 1877. Would a stated destnation of Omaha, Nebraska, be consistent with an ultimate place of residence in Canada? I don't know.

Also, Svalöf is located some 20 km north of Lund. Could it be that Albertina was actually born in Lund, but later emigrated after having moved to Svalöf?

Another possibility is that we may be looking at the wrong Lund. There are plenty of farms and villages named Lund all across Sweden. While the city of Lund is usually the most likely alternative, a much smaller location by the same name might very well have been _the_ Lund known to Albertina (perhaps if she grew up there). It depends on what kind of source the name Lund has been found in. Oral or written?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna