ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Death record translation  (läst 1923 gånger)

2015-01-24, 14:55
läst 1923 gånger

Utloggad Mark Zajac

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 92
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-08-09, 03:26
    • Visa profil
Hi,

I am wondering if someone could help me translating this death record.  I can only figure out parts of it.  The record is for Sven Löf, who died on December 20, 1837 in Höreda socken in Jönköping (I don't know the exact page number).  The cause of death was accidental (våda) but I am curious what exactly happened.

Tack!
Mark Z.

2015-01-24, 15:58
Svar #1

Utloggad Katrin Lundstedt-Enkel

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 250
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-21, 00:29
    • Visa profil
    • www.acurebio.com
I give it a try...
It starts with a text about him, when he was born and where, that he was married to Anna Cathr. (Catharina) Nilsdotter and had 5 children, 2 sons and 1 daughter still alive. (Then comes a part I don´t understand, about him being a husar (?) (that is a soldier on horse) for six years and some more I don´t get) and that no more should be said until Gods sentence.  
Fell from the stairs in Qvarnxxx? (Qvarn =mill) the 19th (the same month as he died, December) and was hurt so bad in the head that he died the day after. After legal payment buried the 1st of January, year (?)

2015-01-24, 20:17
Svar #2

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
lidit Högste kropps straff för stöld  suffered the severest corporal punishment for theft
var för ytterligare tilltal ställd under Guds dom     left to be sentenced by God for later relapse.  
Last sentence:
Efter laga besigtning begr.        Buried after coroner's inquest on 1 Jan 18*8.       * illegible figure

2015-01-25, 00:34
Svar #3

Utloggad Mark Zajac

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Wow!  Great, thank you!  Do you have any idea what the first word is (Farfvarslos?) or the word after his birth date (farator?).  Those are the only parts I am still confused by - not sure if they even matter.

2015-01-25, 08:27
Svar #4

Utloggad Karl Göran Eriksson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2704
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-17, 08:07
    • Visa profil
Försvarslös, elder word meaning that he had no employment or lacked means to provide for himself.
föräldr: Inhys.hjon = parents [are] dependant tenants.

2015-01-25, 09:33
Svar #5

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
    • www.acurebio.com
I thought it said Laga betalning (leagal payment) and now when Heikki wrote laga besigtning I see I´m completely wrong. Sorry!

Föräldrar inhysehjon I read up on what Inhysehjon was. I found it differs a bit due to what year and part of Sweden but in general it meant that the inhysehjon had no means to support him/her self and was taken care of by the family they lived with. Sometimes the socken (parish) paid for the care of the inhysehjon to the family that asked for the least money to care for the inhysehjon, especially when there was no parish poor house. Inhysehjon can also mean a person that lives in a house that belong to somebody else. Also, parents could pass the farm down to a child and stay on as inhyses in their old home. Then the child taking over also had to take care of their parents. This was often regulated. I think the parents in your case were destitute and lacked means to support themselves. Inhysehjon is a person being at the very bottom on the social ladder.

A thought, if Sven Löf had been a Husar that had served 6 years there might be something about him in the Generalmönsterrullor or other sources like Centrala Soldatregistret. Also if he was convicted for theft there might be something in the Domböcker.  
Katrin

2015-01-25, 11:05
Svar #6

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
Coming back to what Katrin wrote, Sven Löf was 'skrifven på socken' (line 1), so his upkeep was taken care of by the farm houses of the parish. Parish paupers went from  farm to farm, staying for a week in each place.  
What did 'Guds dom' mean in practice? Any ideas?

2015-01-25, 17:20
Svar #7

Utloggad Mark Zajac

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thanks again for the extra help!  I did search for Sven Löf in the Centrala Soldatregistret and could not find him at all.  The Domböcker is a good idea though!  Did each socken have its own Dombok?  I cannot find any for Höreda socken.  I am very curious about this theft that he committed.  I believe that is likely why he was discharged from the army after only 6 years and it was apparently severe enough to remain on his record until he died. It was also noted in the Anmärkningar section for him in each Husförhörlängd from 1816-1840.  Does that provide any other clues?

Husförhör 1816-1821

Husförhör 1822-1825

Husförhör 1826-1831

Husförhör 1831-1835

Husförhör 1835-1840

2015-01-25, 17:49
Svar #8

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
    • www.acurebio.com
Hi again
I don´t know anything about the Domböcker, but I know how to use the internet... ;o) There I found that Höreda socken belongs to Södra Vedbo häradsrätt if the page on Arkiv Digital  

https://www.arkivdigital.se/sources/1744

is correct.
There you can also read Domböcker digitally scanned by AD from 1750 to 1911  

https://www.arkivdigital.se/sources/1744#h3571

/Katrin

PS Inhyses is an Inhysehjon who were staying in one place where the keepers got paid a small sum of money from the rote. The inhysehjon was still expected to contribute after his/hers abilities helping with chores. Even worse off were Fattighjon or as they were also called Rotehjon as they were not allowed to stay more than around a week at the same place before going to the next place. Each farm in the whole Rote was listed on a piece of wood that the Rotehjon/Fattighjon had to carry with him/her and then go to the next place on this list when the week was up. I just read that if the Rotehjon was close to death, the people quickly shuffled the poor sufferer to the next on the list as it was thought as very bad for the home to have a death occur.  
Thanks that we don\t have to suffer these practices today!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna