ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Underlining of Names in Moving In/Out Records  (läst 1104 gånger)

2012-06-26, 22:05
läst 1104 gånger

Utloggad Benedict Hane

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 12
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-11-10, 00:41
    • Visa profil
Hello,
I have been looking at the moving in and moving out records of my ancestors and I've noticed that my ancestors are underlined in the records, sometimes in red, for no reason that I can figure out. Sometimes there's another person or two in the list who are also underlined, but generally it's just my person (and this happens in 2 or 3 different records, not just one; that's why I noticed). Anyone know what this might mean?

2012-06-27, 11:32
Svar #1

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
I've seen it occasionally, and I think it's genealogists in the past who've underlined the person they traced, to make it easier to spot it in a glance as they copied the record. So you probably share roots with some pre-microfilm Swedish genalogist who showed poor judgement by scribbling in primary sources.

2012-06-27, 16:41
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
I have been told that the priests used underlining and sometimes also dots when someone moved out and then moved back in again.

Judy

2012-06-27, 16:46
Svar #3

Utloggad Benedict Hane

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 12
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-11-10, 00:41
    • Visa profil
Do you think the priest would go back to previous leaving/arriving documents to underline? This is a person who left for the USA, came back, and then later left again, so your explanation would make sense.

2012-06-28, 16:05
Svar #4

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
In early Finnish twentieth-century copies of birth, deaths and marriages
non-Finnish (including Swedish) names were underlined, probably in order to make it easier for potential genealogists to find their ancestors' names. At the time there were relatively few people researching Finnish-language families. However, since many Finnish-speaking artisans and soldiers had adopted Swedish last names, the name is no indication of the person's language background.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna