ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Mantalslängder vs. Jordeböker  (läst 1166 gånger)

2016-01-02, 02:15
läst 1166 gånger

Utloggad Timothy Blomquist

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-04, 06:24
    • Visa profil
Hello, I have been using Mantalslängder and Jordeböker in the absence of Church books for my ancestors in Skåne and Hälsingland.  Here is what I am finding.  When someone dies, they usually are not included in the Mantalslängd for the following years after the death. However, with the Jordeböker, I am find the person who has died still appears in these land books for up to a decade or longer after the death.  Why is this?

Could it be that the person who died still has some contractual ownership to the land that was passed on to the wife or children?  Even though they have died, the dead person's name still remains for years later in the Jordeböker.

Any thoughts on this?

2016-01-02, 16:33
Svar #1

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
The owner names in Jordeböcker are often out of date. The crown was only interested in somebody paying the ränta (land tax) and the name of the former owner was as good as that of the present owner in identifying a given farm. Even in cases where the farnm has clearlychnged hands it is often identified by teh name of a previous owner in the Jordebok. When in dpoubt, trust the mantalslängd. In the early 17th century, the inventories of deceased persons (bouppteckningar) can be helpful.

2016-01-02, 17:52
Svar #2

Utloggad Timothy Blomquist

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-04, 06:24
    • Visa profil
Heikki, thank you for the fast response and answer.  This was a big help. I can tell from your name that you are Finish.  On my Farmor's family they were all from Gävleborgs Län (Arbrå, Delsbo & Enånger) and many were of Finn ancestry or Forest Finns.  Interesting history of those people from that later part of the 16th Century.  Thanks Again!!!!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna