ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Determining Birthplaces  (läst 887 gånger)

2014-03-28, 02:42
läst 887 gånger

Utloggad Dianne Catalano

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 25
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-12-14, 02:51
    • Visa profil
Does anyone know if birthplaces are very often entered in soldier records at the War Archives? I have an ancestor, Nils Jonasson Diurberg, whose soldier records (from the Central Soldiers Register) say he was born 1691, which is consistent with his age at death.  Per that same source, Nils came from Floda parish, Södermanland, when he enlisted. The Register says they do not have birthplaces, but that the War Archives might. Before joining the army, Nils studied at Strängnäs, where he was given a Latinized name. The student there most likely to be Nils came from Nericia (Latin for Närke). In Närke-Varmland records, I found a Jonas Jonson who had a son Nils, born 1691. I am trying to determine if that child could have been my ancestor, but with no birthplace on the soldier records that I have, I can neither make the connection, nor rule it out.  I am looking for any suggestions as to where I might search for my soldier’s birthplace. I live in the US, and am thus limited to online resources, volunteer look-ups, or hiring a professional.

2014-03-28, 17:34
Svar #1

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
Muster rolls (mönsterrullor) normally give the man's place of birth by province, rarely by parish level. Try and follow Nils JOnasson in the church records, which might show that he enlisted as soldier and was given the last name Diurberg.

2014-03-28, 18:59
Svar #2

Utloggad Dianne Catalano

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 25
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-12-14, 02:51
    • Visa profil
Thanks very much for replying, Heikki! All I have found in the church records of Närke-Varmland is the 1691 birth, in Hällefors. The person I am researching seems to have been in school in Strängnäs by 1702, when he would have been about 11. So, I am not sure where he would have been confirmed, but I did not find his confirmation in Hällefors. As far as I know, there are no moving rolls, censuses, or household exam. rolls for Hällefors that far back. I did view the original 1710 general muster roll when ArkivDigital had its free weekend, but I saw nothing there about birthplace - just notes about the soldier's service. Nils must have had a soldier contract when he enlisted (Dec. 1709), but the Central Soldiers' Register does not have that. I would be happy to find Nils' place of birth by province only, as that would help to tie the soldier to the student (or to rule out a connection). I will check the Närke-Varmland church records again. Unfortunately, since I did not find the father's death there, the family may have made an unrecorded move.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna