ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Alfred Andersson born 3 Feb. 1863 in Sweden  (läst 611 gånger)

2004-07-19, 01:26
läst 611 gånger

Deane Craig

Alfred Andersson born 3 Feb. 1863 in Sweden.
He died 9 Jan. 1903 in Indiana, USA.  The Emigration CD says he was from Gotland when he left the western coast of Sweden in 1881 for Kankakee, Illinois, USA.  He was 18 years old at the time and all indications are he was traveling alone.  But the Emigration CD did not give the parish or village or town where he came from.  His U.S. Declaration of Intent for citizenship was destroyed by a flood in the 1950s in Kankakee.  New information from his first marriage in the USA gives his parents names:  Peter Andersson and Christina Ingstr--?.  It is a guess on her last name.  Alfred is my great grandfather.  He was primarily a house painter.  He died at age 40 years old.  It appears his death was a result of alcoholism and possibly lead poisoning from the lead paint he probably mixed up regularly.  I would like to find out exactly where in Sweden my great grandfather was born and or lived. (If on Gotland, Island where?)  I have pursed him in the Civil Registrations of Gotland and in the Parish (Church) Records located in Visby.  This regional archives sent me a letter saying they have checked all the emigrations from Gotland and other registers without any results.  I'm beginning to believe maybe he was not born in Gotland, but, I am hoping to, at least, find some trace of him there.  Thanking you in advance.

2004-07-19, 21:34
Svar #1

Anna-Carin Betzén

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna