ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Skofteby  (läst 893 gånger)

2007-05-22, 23:44
läst 893 gånger

M.Sjöström

According to notes I have found, the manor named Skofteby, in Westrogothia, belonged basically to its own lineage, since 1370. But, Skofteby was owned by Torkil Barun.
Was Torkil Barun, castellan of Varberg, the person from whom nobleman Jon Birgersson exchanged Skofteby? What lands Torkil received in that exchange?
And were those two families related with each other?

I  a lord Jon (Birgersson) owned Skofteby, after he exchanged lands in 1370, receiving Stora Bast and Skofteby.

II  After him, his widow, Bengta Algotsdotter, 'fru Bengta i Skoptaby', lived (and possibly owned) it. Bengta was daughter of Algot Bengtsson, seemingly from the House of [griphuvud], semi-hereditary lagmans of Westrogothia

III  Their heir seems to have been their daughter Märta Jonsdotter [griphuvud], who 1385 married Gustaf Magnusson of Horshaga, who became lagman of Westrogothia. Is there any attestation that Märta owned Skofteby before her death?

Lagman Gustaf Magnusson's children were:
1. Bengt Gustafsson, bishop of Skara
2. Måns Gustafsson of Horshaga, married Kristina Lauritzdotter of Aspenäs and Sundby
3. Ragvald Gustafsson of Horshaga, married as second husband Katarina Knutsdotter of Vinäs, the known heiress of the lineage of drots Bo Jonsson, and herself the genealogical link between the äldre and the yngre [Grip]
4. Birgitta Gustafsdotter, married Anders Knutsson [öra]
5. Kristina Gustafsdotter, married riddare Laurens Heynesson Snakenborg.
Most, possibly each, of these children lived up to mid-15th century.
The children were (presumably or attestedly?) born of Märta Jonsdotter of Skofteby.

IV  Skofteby is known to have belonged to the abovesaid bishop Bengt and/or his siblings, in mid-15th century.

V   Skofteby is known to have been inherited by issue of the abovelisted Birgitta Gustafsdotter, whose son squire Bengt Andersson [öra] held it, and later it was held by Sigge Larsson of Bysta, whose first wife was Brita Bengtsdotter [öra], Heiress of Skofteby (d 1485).

VI  Brita's daughter, Barbro Siggesdotter, was next owner of Skofteby. She married Nils Olofsson of the Vinge.

As Skofteby was also attestedly held by Torkel Barun, once governor of Varberg castle (in 1360s), it is obvious to me that it was Torkil Barun from whom Jon Birgersson received Skofteby in 1370.

Torkel Barun's only known heiress was his daughter Gunhild Torkelsdotter, Heiress of Bosgaarden, Hellekis and Hjelmsäter, who married Tyke Eskilsson, lagman of Värmland, who flourished in last decades of 14th century.

Where Torkel Barun had received Skofteby from?

And, quite often, exchanges of lands were made between genealogically related persons. Is there any positive indication or attestation that Torkel Barun and Jon Birgersson had been relatives in some way?

Would this be a way to get to know something about the elusive wife of Torkel Barun? identity and genealogical background of the mother of Gunhild Torkelsdotter?
Was she possibly herself heiress of Skofteby? who thus brought Skofteby to Torkil Barun?

And/or, would the nameless mother of Gunhild Torkilsdotter have been a kinswoman of Bengta Algotsdotter, wife of Jon Birgersson?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna