ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Danielsdotter, Wilhimina Born 1833 in Malung or where ?  (läst 1596 gånger)

2009-09-29, 21:38
läst 1596 gånger

Utloggad Judith Jones

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 12
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-11-07, 21:14
    • Visa profil
We have found two different records for our ancestor, Wilhimina Danielsdotter,and we are not sure which is correct.  One states she was born 19 Jan 1833 in Malung, Kopparberg to Daniel Danson and Lisa Nilsdotter.  The other gives the same date and parents but says she was born in Gustav Adolf parish in Varmland.  I know the family farm when they immigrated was in Varmland and either on the border or near the border with Kopparberg.  Is it possible she was baptised in both places?  Thank you Judith Jones

2009-09-29, 23:09
Svar #1

Utloggad Pernilla Karlsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 27
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-11-12, 22:44
    • Visa profil
Hi Judith
I have found Wilhelmina in Malung C:2 1810-1835 but not in Gustav Adolf C:2 1828-1837. In what record in Gustav Adolf have you found her? The records from Malung states that the family lived at Milsjön by the time of her birth.
It´s normally not possible to be baptised in two different places. You can at least never be born in two different places  
I have in my family a person that´s noted in two places but with a note of transfer from one of them to the other. In that case I have made a marking about that but have the 1st place as birthplace.
Best wishes Pernilla

2009-09-30, 00:03
Svar #2

Utloggad Judith Jones

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you very much.  I located the Malung record  on the LDS site and my cousin got the other one from some where else.  She married Erik Persson in Gustav Adolf according to family records so it is possible the family moved there.  The information on some of the grave-markers doesn't match up with Swedish records either, so I am not sure what is going on.  Thank you for your help.  Judith Jones

2009-09-30, 01:54
Svar #3

Utloggad Judith Jones

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
I have one more record I would appreciate someone looking up as this is a major mess up.  Our ancestor's grave-marker lists his name as Erik Persson, birthdate as 28 Mar 1829, Medskogen, Sodra Finnskoga.  The immigration record lists his birthdate as 1 Oct 1828, Gustav Adolf parish, Varmland. Now one of these must be incorrect unless his wife, Wilhemina Danielson,born 19 Jan 1833, Misjon, Malung, Kopparberg, daughter of Daniel Dansson and Liza Nilsdotter was married twice.  Could someone please help?  His son put the marker up and he was born in Sweden so I don't understand why two different birthdates and places.  Thank you Judith Jones

2009-09-30, 08:32
Svar #4

Utloggad Richard Dahlqvist

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 92
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-07-09, 14:04
    • Visa profil
    • upprop.nu/APEX
Judith!

I've found a baptism record for an Eric born 1 Oct 1828 in Gustav Adolf parish, Gustav Adolf C:2 (1828-1837), p.5.
Parents Pehr Larsson and Karin Olsdotter (?).

I didn't find a birth record for any Erik i Dalby parish records. Södra Finnskoga was still part of Dalby parish at that point.
Nor did I find any mention of a Erik in the Household Examination Records for Medskogen in 1829 either.

2009-09-30, 18:41
Svar #5

Utloggad Judith Jones

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thanks.  This has really confused us.  Johan Erik Eriksson, his son, put up the grave marker so we assumed he knew where and when his father was born.  As Wilhemina is also on the same marker, we know it is the right one.  I don't know why but Scandinavian records in the US are really a mess.  I appreciate the help.  My cousin sent me copies of the records in Sweden but he couldn't find Erik.  Thanks again.  Judith

2009-10-01, 03:39
Svar #6

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
I don't know why but Scandinavian records in the US are really a mess.

I haven't noticed that problem. I suppose there are always exceptions but the Swedish American Immigration Research Center has excellent Swedish American records. They have a website but their extensive collection of records is not online. I have found much useful information there.

http://www.augustana.edu/x13856.xml

Judy

2011-08-05, 08:37
Svar #7

Utloggad Moderator USA

• Moderator *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1328
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Transferred from topic Discussions in English/Emigrants

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna