ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Bengtsson - Two brothers. Emigr 1882-83  (läst 993 gånger)

2012-05-03, 19:05
läst 993 gånger

Utloggad Lotta Malmstedt

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 259
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-11, 16:19
    • Visa profil
You can't be but happy to see so many helpful people at the same time and place!  I'd love to get some help to locate where a few ancestors went in the late 1900s. If I put the facts here anyone who can or want to help me can have a go! In return I'l help as much as I can with searces in the Swedish records.

I can't find where two brothers went when they left Sweden. They are brothers to my paternal grandfather and the emigration papers state that they were going to St Paul and Hudson respectivly.  

Bernt Bengtsson (b 17 Nov 1859) was going to St Paul in 1882 and his brother Ola Bengtsson (b 4 June 1864) was going to Hudson in 1883. They were born in Mörrum, Blekinge. In 1905 the estate inventory after their father Bengt Svensson states that they are both living in Moline, North America.  

In 1915 their sister-in-law dies and in her inventory is said that two of her children, son Sven Svensson (b 21 May 1886) and daughter Ida Svensson (b 15 July 1887) are living in Moline, Canada. Could it be that they were all living in the same Moline? In that case - which one? I've tried to search myself but failed! There was also a sister Emma Svensson (b 1 May 1885) who emigrated in 1894 destinated for New York, but she is not mentioned in the inventory in 1915. Maybe she died?

I would be immensly grateful for any help locating these relatives of mine! Where they went, if they married etc. Any information would be valuable!

Best wishes
Lotta M

2012-05-03, 20:45
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
There is a Moline in Illinois which is part of the Quad Cities. The Quad Cities include Rock Island and Moline in Illinois, and Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa. (Those cities are by the Mississippi River.)

Moline in Illinois was a very Swedish city.

Judy

(Meddelandet ändrat av Judy Olson Baouab 2012-05-03 20:48)

2012-05-03, 20:56
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
I found this in Google Books. I haven't had the time to check if your people are listed.

http://tinyurl.com/6vhrxmv

It is not complete, but it is probably still in print.

Judy

(Meddelandet ändrat av Judy Olson Baouab 2012-05-03 20:57)

2012-05-04, 08:04
Svar #3

Utloggad Moderator USA

• Moderator *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1328
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Tråden skapad från poster som felaktigt lagts under Discussions in English/General questions ett delämne som inte är avsedd för enskilda efterlysningar. Rubrik skapad av moderator från fakta som finns i ursprungsposten.
(Postaren fått kompl meddelande).

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna