ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Elin Hultgren Erickson and Conrad Erickson Chicago 1936  (läst 676 gånger)

2003-02-01, 00:23
läst 676 gånger

Utloggad Kurt Hultgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 246
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-03-21, 22:57
    • Visa profil
    • www.stationsradet.se
Children of Elin Hultgren and Conrad Erickson in Chicago 1936

Elin Hultgren and Conrad Erickson of Chicago Illininois probbly married between 1892 and 1910. Elin was born 1859 Oct 15 in Lidingö just outside Stockholm. She was educated a school teacher in Stockholm, and she emigrated 1892. Elin was an aunt of my father. My father Gunnar Hultgren (1912-1979) visited them in Chicago in 1936, when he was studying in Colombia university in New York. Their address of that time was 3321 Southport Ave, Chicago, Ill. My father mentioned that there were cousins to him,  children to Elin and Conrad. There is one other address in Chicago from that time, 3711 Greenview Ave, close to the other address, and that might be an address to one of the childrens' families.  

Elin Hultgren emigrated 1892 together with her younger sister Emma Nanna Amanda Hultgren, who had been in the United States before, but paid a visit in Sweden. One of the two sisters was a seamstress, and the other was a photographer.  Since Elin and Conrad probably married between 1892 and 1910, their children were probably born 1892-1920.

I have been trying to find my father's cousins and their eventual children without success so far. They all lived in 1936, but after that we have lost contact. Conrad was still in the telephone book for Chicago in 1942, 1943 and 1944, then living in 1545 W Addison, but in the 1945 telephone book Conrad has the address 2807 N Leavitt. In the year 1946 he is not registered in the telephone book at all.

Conrad Erickson was also a Swede, but I don't know where and when he was born. He might be younger than his wife, but I have no real clue to say that. She was 33 years old when she emigrated. I suppose they married in America.  

I have not been able to find any information about when or where Elin or Conrad died.. They do not seem to be registered as dead in Chicago or Cook county. Did they move away to some other state?  I don't know anything about Conrad's profession. Her profession of a seamstress or a photographer could be a clue.  

The younger sister Emma Nanna* Amanda Hultgren was born 1964-july 27 in Ekshärad in Värmlands län (can also be called Karlstads län).  Whether she was married, or even if she lived in Chicago is not known to me.  

I would much like to get in information about my fathers cousins or my own second cousins.  

Kurt Hultgren, Tre Liljor 1, 113 44 Stockholm, Sweden
kurt.hultgren@telia.com

2003-02-01, 09:56
Svar #1

Pia Muller

Hello Kurt!
Found one Conrad Ericson from Illinois, SSDI #334-03-9396, born 25 Apr. 1892, died Dec. 1963, and another Conrad S. Ericson (age unknown) Death Cert.#0012822, died 18 Mar. 1944, Rock Island, Moline, Illinois.  Don't know if they could be correct, but sometimes last name spellings may vary from the original.
Good Luck,
Pia

2003-02-02, 21:53
Svar #2

Utloggad Kurt Hultgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 246
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-03-21, 22:57
    • Visa profil
    • www.stationsradet.se
Hello, Pia!
Thanks for some interesting clues! The first person born in 1892 seems a bit too young for being married to Elin born 1859. But the second one, dead in 1944, seems more likely to be the person sought. He could well be born in the 1870's and married in the early 1900. Since the person I am looking for lived in Chicago in 1944 according to the telephone book, he can have been visiting children in Rock Island Moline when he died. Or he can even have moved to that place during 1944, although the telephone book of 1945 contains his name. Telephone books even in those days could probably contain some information that was already obsolete, since they were printed a long time before their official date. - Is it possible to find out more about this Conrad Erickson of Rock Island, Moline? How can one go further? Are there local newspapers where an obituary could be read? Are there any other registers that could give more details? Which was his address in Rock Island Moline?  

His wife could possibly still be alive in 1944. She would then only have been 85 years, which is quite normal. Can she be found in the same. register? Is Moline the county name? She was probably too old to be included in the social register, but if her husband was younger than she was, he might be included.  

I am shooting a lot of questions, but I have been looking for those persons for a long time, since 1988. I had some help from a professional genealogical researcher without success.In 1996, when passing Chicago on a business trip, I even paid a visit in 1996 in the Newberry Library in Chicago to find some information. Neither of the two persons died in Cook county, so that is for sure. In Newberry Library I found out this with the telephone book entries.  

Elin and Conrad must have moved somewhere else. This could be it. The spelling of Erickson without a k seems more Swedish, since ck never is used in Swedish Eriksson names. So Ericson is quite good. I have seen his name spelt Erickson in Chicago though.  

I hope you can give some answers to some of my questions. Anyway, you have pointed out a possible solution.

Best regards
Kurt Hultgren

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna