ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Gustav Albert Erikkson  (läst 647 gånger)

2009-03-23, 20:12
läst 647 gånger

Utloggad Sally Appenzellar

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 6
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-02-09, 17:00
    • Visa profil
I would like to identify the emigration date for Gustav Albert Erikkson (in USA Erickson), b. 26 Feb 1844, Hulje (near Berga), Kronoberg. From US census data there are at least two year dates: 1900, 1903. There are many Gustav A Erikksons in the immigration records, several with similar birth years.
There is a family story that he is one of 8 children, 4 of whom came to the US.  Gustav was supposedly going to Wisconsin to join a brother.  His parents are Nils Peter Erikkson and Britta Stina Johannesdotter, Berga, Kronoberg.  
Thank you for any help.

2009-03-23, 23:23
Svar #1

Utloggad Lena Mårtenson Tingstam

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 198
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-04-16, 10:18
    • Visa profil
According to the records in Berge parish, Ingrid Maria b.26 Mar 1875 was the first one to emigrate. She left the parish Feb 20 1891 for Nebraska, North America. I haven't found her immigration in the US yet. But she seems to have been using Erikson instead of Nilsson.

The second one to leave was Johan August b.15 Jun 1873, and I have yet not determined if he used Nilsson or Erikson. He left the parish Feb 2 1893.

Karl Fredrik Nelson (Nilsson) b. 14 Aug 1877 arrived in New York with SS Lucania Mar 5th 1898. In the manifest it states he's going to join his sister I M Erikson in New York. Final destination is however Nebraska.

And then as you say, number 4 to leave should have been Gustaf Albert, haven't located his immigration yet either but still looking for it.  

There were really 8 siblings. Numbers 4, 5, 7 & 8 probably stayed in Sweden.

I will look more into this tomorrow.

greetings
LenaMT

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna