ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: CD Emigrant look-up please  (läst 1019 gånger)

2005-02-21, 21:11
läst 1019 gånger

Lorraine Sisk

I would appreciate a check of the Emigrant CD for the following family members who emigrated in 1882.

Per Persson Wallgren born 15 September 1851 in Kyrkhult or Jämshög parish, Blekinge län

Ingar Nilsdotter born 8 June 1858 in Österslöv parish, Kristianstad län

Per Svenson born 15 December 1820 in Österslöv parish, Kristianstad län

Thank you in advance.

Lorraine

2005-02-21, 22:41
Svar #1

Utloggad Mats Ahlgren

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4737
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 20:42
    • Visa profil
Hi Lorraine

This is what can be found in Emigrant CD. I added Per Svenssons companion on the trip

Per Svenssons info comes on the next

Mats

2005-02-21, 22:47
Svar #2

Utloggad Mats Ahlgren

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4737
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 20:42
    • Visa profil
And here is Per Svensson

Mats

2005-02-22, 00:59
Svar #3

Lorraine Sisk

Mats,

Thank you so much for your kind and quick reply to my query!  Your information helps greatly in the search for my relatives.

My sincere apology for the multiple postings.  I mistakenly thought my first post had not gone through and then apparently double clicked when sending the second post.  I am profoundly sorry for the errors.

Again, thank you for your help.

Regards,

Lorraine

2009-09-22, 01:36
Svar #4

Utloggad Cathy Hokanson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 66
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-04-27, 00:26
    • Visa profil
I have conflicting information about the emmigration date for Johanna Nilsdotter born 23 Jun 1864 in Torrölsa, Malmöhus Co.  It was sometime close to 1913, I think from Liverpool to New York. She was already married to Nils Håkansson but he left first.  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks

2009-09-23, 19:03
Svar #5

Utloggad Barbro Ärnhage

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 542
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-07-04, 18:34
    • Visa profil
Hi Cathy,
First of all there is the possibility that she changed her name to Nilsson before leaving Sweden. The naming conventions were pretty 'loose' by that time.
This is what I found on Emigranten Populär:

Namn: JOHANNA NILSSON  
Kön: M     Född (=born): 1864-06-24 (It says sex Male and the birth date  differs by 1 day, but I gúess there are lots of errors in these records)
Församling (=parish): SUNNE     Län: S
Yrke/Titel: HEMMANSÄGARE FD (= former home owner)     Civilstånd:  
Hemförsaml: SUNNE     Län: S
Bosatt (=living at): SÄTTER
Utvandrdag (=emigration date): 1912-05-03     Ålder (=age): 47
Ensam/Familj (=Alone/Family): ENSAM (=Alone)
Destland: AMERIKA     Landskod:  
Huvudakt:      Aktnr: 019
Löpnummer: 53    Källhänvisn:  
Anteckning: 0481912019
Se Emigrantregistret i Karlstad:

Michigan 631:14.

So if you think it's possible that she emigrated from (the county of) Värmland you might want to investigate this woman.

Unfortunately I don't know where to find the references in the end but I'm sure someone else on the forum can help you with that.

Good luck
Barbro Ärnhage

2009-09-23, 19:52
Svar #6

Utloggad Cathy Hokanson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 66
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-04-27, 00:26
    • Visa profil
Barbro,
Hello and thank you for your reply.  I have to question this Johanna because her husband's emmigration information was that he arrived in New York in Jan 1913 with one son.  The family story then goes that Johanna came sortly after (date unknown) with the rest of the children. The youngest child - son Malte L. Håkansson was born in 1907 in Angelholm. So it seems likely that the family left Malmöhus and not Värmland. I really appreciate your help.  Any information available is worth checking into.  I feel it is very important to get the facts correctly. Thanks again.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna