ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: 2030 West 111th Street, Chicago, Ill 60643  (läst 1702 gånger)

2008-06-26, 07:31
läst 1702 gånger

Utloggad Anita Karlsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1442
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-03-24, 19:59
    • Visa profil
Hi,

I have an old address from 1985 and I wonder if anyone can help me to find the persons who lived there: Gustav and Lena Peterson, 2030 West 111th Street, Chicago, Ill 60643, USA.

I know that Gustav was born in 1907 in Chicago and I have heard he died in 1992. His parents were:
Marie Olsson, married Peterson born in 1873 May 21 in Lysvik parrish, Värmland, Sweden and Anders Peterson born in Landskrona, Sweden. I don´t know if Lena is born in Sweden, but her parents would have been from Sweden.

In 1985 they have at least four grandchildren:
Kimberly 22 years old
Paula 18 years old (She is at the university of Madison Wisconsin)
Todd 16 years old
Timothy 13 years old
I think their father´s name is Leonard.

I want to know when Gustav and Lena died and if there is anyone who can help me to find their children and grandchildren.

Here I found an newer address from 1970:
1123 E 82 nd St, Chicago Ill, USA

I too wonder if anyone have some photo from these addresses, it would be nice to see where they lived. Gustav was a cousin to my father.

Regards,

Anita Karlsson.

2008-06-26, 11:25
Svar #1

Utloggad Margaretha Johansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 533
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-09-14, 11:33
    • Visa profil
Gustav PETERSON     
          Birth Date:    25 Sep 1907  
          Death Date:    31 Jan 1992  
          Social Security Number:     321-10-3435  
          State or Territory Where Number Was Issued:     Illinois

Death Residence Localities
          ZIP Code:    60643  
          Localities:     Calumet Park, Cook, Illinois
     Chicago, Cook, Illinois
     Morgan Park, Cook, Illinois

Hej Anita!
Det bör vara denne man. Födelseår och året då han dog stämmer samt bostadsort.
Det går att få tag på dödsannos så kan du ta reda på mera om barnen.
Lycka till!
Margaretha

2008-06-26, 14:00
Svar #2

Utloggad Anita Karlsson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Margareta,  

Thank yo so very much !

How am I going to get the obituary? Would you or anybody else help me to get it?

Regards,

Anita.

2008-06-28, 11:01
Svar #3

Utloggad Susanne Åkerfeldt

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 292
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-04-16, 19:08
    • Visa profil
Hej Anita!

Obituaries from the Chicago Area can be found in the Chicago Tribune, on line at www.chicagotribune.com, you go to Archives, search and then pay a fee to get access to the actual document. It works well, I have done it myself. However, I did seach for a Gustav Peterson, but didn't find any close match. However, you may try other name spellings etc.

As for photos of homes in the Chicago area, I have on various occassions - with sucess! - tried a somewhat unusual approach. Write down the address in your search engine and set off.If you're lucky the actual home - or definately some in the vicinity - are up for sale at one of the numerous real estate sales agents in the Chicago area. Usually there is a photo along with a close description of the home. Good luck! /Susanne

2008-06-29, 19:44
Svar #4

Utloggad Anita Karlsson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Susanne!

Thank you for the information you given me. Now i will contact the Chicago Tribune. I wonder which address may I use to get the photos? I don´t really understand.  

Regards,

Anita.

2008-07-01, 18:05
Svar #5

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Use your nomal search engine (google, altavista or whatever) and write the address in the seach form ... I tried it and quite a few hits came up, but you need to go thru and check them out. If you have problems, drop me an e-mail and I will explain more closely (in Swedish, as I believe you're Swedish!). /Susanne

2008-07-03, 03:29
Svar #6

Utloggad Elsie Ekstrom Martin

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 76
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-03-28, 00:33
    • Visa profil
Hej Anita,
I am writing from the States.  It was interesting to read your request from 111th Street.  That area was called Roseland.  I lived there during the 40s and know of the Dutch Reformed Church that was hugh in the neighborhood, the school I attended in the primary grades(Van Vlissingen),the Victory Gardens that neighbors planted including my parents that the Pullman Railroad Company promoted, and the number of Swedish-American immigrants that lived in both Pullman and Roseland.  My parents were officers in the Salvation Army and the corps in Roseland was a Swedish corps.  That meant that some services were offered in Swedish.  Of course, my family dealt with menial circurstances.  We lived above the corps in an apartment.

2008-07-03, 04:35
Svar #7

Utloggad Elsie Ekstrom Martin

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 76
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-03-28, 00:33
    • Visa profil
During the 1940s the Roseland area was a wonderful place to live.  If your ancestors had a home in that area you can expect a modest, possibly rambler style home, with 2 or 3 bedrooms.  If they were more affluent, then there were possibilities for a more elaborate home.  
Wishing your the best,
Elsie Ekstrom Martin
Brooklyn Center, MN

2008-07-03, 15:13
Svar #8

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 77
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-02-27, 06:03
    • Visa profil
Anita,
If you go to http://maps.google.com/ and search for the address there is a photo of the house on 82nd St. as it appeared recently.  There is an apartment building next to it.
John H.

2008-07-03, 15:19
Svar #9

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
I also checked the 111th Street address, but it appears to have been demolished and replaced by either an apartment or an office building.  Probably replaced after World War II judging from the architecture.
John H.

2008-07-03, 15:58
Svar #10

Utloggad Anita Karlsson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Elsie,

Nice to hear from you about that area. It was good to hear the description about Roseland from you.  
I have got an email from another woman and she send me some photos from both addresses. Wonderful! My mom and dad wrote letters to them during all the years, but they don´t know exactly when Gustaf died and nothing about his wife Lena´s death. Now I probably know Gustaf´s death with help from Margareta Johansson. It would be nice if we could find their children and grandchildren and go on writing to them.

Thank you so very much for contacting me.

Regards,

Anita

2008-07-03, 16:13
Svar #11

Utloggad Anita Karlsson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
John,

Wow! Thank you so very much for the webside-address you gave me.Now I will try some other addresses in Californien, if there are some photos from another houses.

I wonder if you can get the front of the house from that webside? I just got the photo from the upside, not from the frontside.

Regards,

Anita

2008-07-03, 23:23
Svar #12

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hej Anita,
I don't speak Swedish, but can I still say Hej?  I am able to get a photo of the front of the house on my screen.  It is called street view.  I cannot print or copy it, but am able to view it.  It is a nice one-story rambler with a front porch and a lot of trees.  Very beautiful.  Maybe the street view is restricted to computers in the USA?  Sorry, I wish I could help more.
John H.

2008-07-07, 20:42
Svar #13

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thanks a lot, John, for the information of the new feature of google maps! I tried it and it worked nicely with a couple of Chicago addresses I have. However, one has to bear in mind, when using old addresses, that the street names may have changed over the years. Also, the street view is only available for streets in large cities (marked blue). Still, anything that gives us over in Sweden an idea of what the actual places look like over in the US is great! /Susanne

2008-07-08, 15:22
Svar #14

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
You're welcome, Susanne.  Yes, addresses do occasionally change.  Many of the larger counties have websites where you can verify addresses.  Some have interactive maps or links where you can look up the current property owner's name.  An easy way to find out the county name is to look up the zip code for the address on the US Postal Service website, www.usps.com, and then click on the Mailing Industry Information link.
John H.

2008-07-08, 17:55
Svar #15

Utloggad Sonja Johansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 711
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-16, 16:39
    • Visa profil
Can someone help !

A relatives to the family here in Sweden did go to the USA in what I belive the year of 1896. The year are perhaps or not perhaps. It can have been early.
The namn of the person is : Peter August Andersson.
He was born in Pelarne / Småland / Sweden 1866.

He move to Hässleby / Mariannelund / Småland whit the mother.
Christina Lovisa Isaksdotter f. 1825 Näsby / Småland
( the father Anders Peter Andersson  1825 Hässleby did died in Pelarne)
In the Parishes from 1895 he was found but to the side of person who not was there at the time -- he has gone away.
In the same book early 1887- 1888 says that Peter has gone to USA.

Peter did come to the USA.
My grandfathers sister Elin Augusta born in Hässleby 1894 did also go to USA in the begging of 1900.She have said that she had meet Peter and that he did have a daughter of namn, Elin.So Peter has propley get marrid in USA.

Sonja / Småland.

2008-07-09, 06:14
Svar #16

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello Sonja,
Perhaps someone with access to Genline can look up the emigration record to confirm this.  This may not be the same person, but in Ancestry.com I found this record transcribed from EmiHamn:
Name: Peter A Andersson  
Birth:  abt 1866  
Arrival in USA:  19 aug 1892
Destination: Maple Hill
Last Residence: Hycklinge Östergötland Län, Sverige

John H.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna