ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: 1885 Emigrants  (läst 897 gånger)

2009-10-24, 08:40
läst 897 gånger

Utloggad Eileen Cook

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 108
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-08-01, 01:40
    • Visa profil
I do not know the parish where this family came from and I am hoping these records might tell me.  The husband, wife and at least 2 children came to North America in 1885.
Husband:  John Albert Jackson born July 27, 1855 in Sweden
Wife: Annie Andersdotter born Dec 24, 1865?
daughter: Louisa Anita born June 29, 1881
daughter: Adelina born May 28, 1883
Thank you,  Eileen

2009-10-24, 20:40
Svar #1

Utloggad Harriet Hogevik

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 721
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-03-05, 06:25
    • Visa profil
Hi Eileen, Your question is not easy. I have found one hypthetical candidate:
Johan Albert, born July 17, 1855 in Piteå Landsförsamling.
Father: Farmer Jonas Pehrsson at Persnäs
Mother: Wife Eva Christina Johansdotter
Mvh Harriet

2009-10-25, 02:32
Svar #2

Utloggad Eileen Cook

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Harriet,  It is so difficult when dealing with name changes once these people immigrated to N. America.  According Canadian records on John Albert Jackson mentioned above, his father was John Jackson.  The John given name could be representive of the farmers name Jonas you found, but Jonas's last name was Pehrsson not Jackson.  However, in American records the father's surname back in Sweden is often given as the same as the son who immigrated which in this case was Jackson.  (Have I confused you yet?)
And the Canadian information on the mother's name for John Albert Jackson was given as Christina Lenburn?  The Christina works for your Eva Christina Johansdotter, but the Lenburn surname is questionable at this end yet.   So it is possible you are on the right line.
The couple mentioned in the previous message were married in Sweden before immigrating.  They would have been married about 1880.  We will keep plugging away.  The brick wall will come tumbling down sooner or later.
Eileen}

2009-10-25, 08:48
Svar #3

Utloggad Harriet Hogevik

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 721
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-03-05, 06:25
    • Visa profil
Hi Eileeen, it's easier to help someone if all information is given in the question. I think it is crucial to define the birthplace for John Albert to be able to follow hom and find the date and place for the marriage as both Johan and Albert were very common names in those years.
Regards Harriet

2009-10-25, 15:56
Svar #4

Utloggad Eileen Cook

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Harriet,  Your so right.  We are presently waiting for a couple documents from the National Archives of Canada in hopes that one of them may have the birthplace.  I will keep the site updated.
Regards,  Eileen

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna