ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Peterson, Elizabeth - Missionary Komstad Church SD  (läst 704 gånger)

2010-08-05, 17:00
läst 704 gånger

Utloggad Siri Olsson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 14
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-05-10, 14:30
    • Visa profil
Can you help me to find information about Elizabeth Peterson born in 1869 in Blåsjön, Frostviken, Jämtland Sweden. The family emigrated to South Dakota in 1873. In Chicago two of her siblings died, but Elizabeth and her elder sister Bendix/Bengta born in 1867 lived to become adults in Riverside Township, Clay County SD.
In 1905 she is mentioned in her father's probate (Ole Peterson born in 1840) with age and address. The address is Hanchow China. I have also found out that she is mentioned in the Komstad Evangelical Covenant Church History as one of the two members that left the church for foreign mission. She left for China and the second missionary left for Inner Sudan. Adventurous people I think. I know of no details as to when she left nor for how long she stayed in China. Can anyone help me with some advice how to go about it. I'd be very grateful.

2010-08-05, 18:05
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Nordenfors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5383
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-27, 14:38
    • Visa profil
You may read in general about China and mission at http://www.eom.nu/om-eom/historik.aspx
The Komstad Evangelical Covenant Church still exists, but sure you already have asked them? If she was a member - the church books of that parish may give some information? Or the fate of the two is perhaps unknown.

2010-08-05, 20:09
Svar #2

Utloggad Siri Olsson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 14
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-05-10, 14:30
    • Visa profil
Thanks a lot for the prompt answer. I really enjoy reading the scanned material, because it seems so genuine.Yesterday I leafed through a book about an American Missionary Stuart in the Hanchow area, but not a word about Elizabeth. There must have been organizations that sponsored their stay, like EÖM. It's today that I got the message that she was mentioned in the Historical Review of The Komstad Evangelical Covenant Church, but it didn't sound like they had sponsored her. I have emailed the Komstad parish, but I haven't heard from them yet. I have also tried the Augustana and they gave me some tips that all entail memberships. I am pretty tired of memberships and passwords. The scanned material was exactly what I would have loved to have from the organization that sent her.

2011-08-06, 09:52
Svar #3

Utloggad Moderator USA

• Moderator *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1328
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Transferred from topic Discussions in English/Emigrants

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna