ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Liljemark, Greta Maria *1905 Lillhärdal emig 1928  (läst 985 gånger)

2011-11-20, 00:43
läst 985 gånger

Utloggad Gerry Hagberg

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 52
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-10-10, 02:07
    • Visa profil
    • ftree.nzhagberg.com
Greta Maria Liljemark, Greta Maria *1905 in Lillhärdal emigr 1928, left Nordanhån, Lillhärdal  
in May 1928 with stated destination of Parkside, Sask.
She is recorded arriving in Halifax on board the Gripsholm in June 1928.

I can find no further information about her.
Hopefully somebody else can.

2011-11-20, 10:45
Svar #1

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11832
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-28, 15:20
    • Visa profil
She travels with Kerstin Persdotter from Lillhärdal who is the mother of friend Per Eriksson at their destination. A note in the passenger manifest says that Greta is to marry this Per Eriksson.

Unfortunately, Canadian records are difficult to obtain due to the secrecy laws. You could try contacting the Saskatchewan Genealogy Society http://www.saskgenealogy.ca/aboutus.html

If you can find out when her parents died, their estate inventories may give an address ot other information about Greta. Unfortunately, few books are online after 1900 for this parish.

2011-11-21, 04:47
Svar #2

Utloggad Gerry Hagberg

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
    • ftree.nzhagberg.com
Chris,
Amazing results!
I started by trying to find if there was a connection between the Liljemarks in Värmland that I know I am related to and the ones in Lillhärdal. I have found that the male lines of both go back to Sunne parish in Värmland. No confirmed links, but they are living fairly close to each other in the earliest on-line records.

Incidentally, ADOnline now has records from Jämtland. While following the Liljemarks in the Församlingsbok for 1923-33, I came across the note saying Greta went to Parkside. Very interesting to me, since that is where my mother's parents (also from Lillhärdal) settled.

Following up on the info you provided, I found the relevant Kerstin Persdotter and wouldn't you know -- 2nd cousin 3 times removed. They would have been travelling to her brother Hans Persson, whose farm was adjacent to my grandparents' farm. The local history book for Parkside mentions Per (Pete) Eriksson - he emigrated 1914 - but no mention of Greta.

It's a small world.

2013-09-04, 00:33
Svar #3

Utloggad Gerry Hagberg

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
    • ftree.nzhagberg.com
Chris,
Can you point me to where I can view the manifest you mentioned?
The passenger list I found on Ancestry.com doesn't have any notes.
I have since found Greta mentioned in an on-line tree at Geneanet -- apparently she married a Karl Andersson in Winnipeg.

2013-09-04, 06:46
Svar #4

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Canadian Passenger Lists 1865-1935 in Ancestry.com

2013-09-04, 06:49
Svar #5

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Four persons leave Lillhärdal to go to Parkside at the same time according to the Gothenburgh lists of emigrants:

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna