ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Elmqvist  (läst 1553 gånger)

2005-01-20, 19:36
läst 1553 gånger

Nina Martins

Hej!

Jag undrar om någon har upplysningar om två bröder som emigrerade till Kanada?

David Gunnar 10/11-1893 Emigrerade till Amerika, från Gbg 17/10-1913. Från Southampton 30/10-1913.                              
Destination: Hardisty, Alberta, Kanada.

Johan Albert 14/11-1898  Emigrerade 3/7-1912.  

Destination:Hardisty, Alberta, Canada.

Elmqvist var deras efternamn.
Tyvärr har jag inga dödsdatum. Tror ni att det går att hitta något om dem? Tack på förhand!

Mvh,  Nina

2005-01-27, 05:13
Svar #1

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 297
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-11, 05:22
    • Visa profil
Nina,
Johan Albert Elmqvist is very likely the  
Albert Elmquist  
who enlisted Sept. 23, 1916, in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during WWI:

http://data4.collectionscanada.ca/netacgi/nph-brs?s1=elmquist&s2=&s3=&Sect4=AND&l=20&Sect1=IMAGE&Sect2=THESOFF&Sect5=CEF6PEN&Sect6=HITOFF&d=CEF6&p=1&u=http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/02010602_e.html&r=1&f=G

Click on the two icons to see the front and back of the form and each time wait for the enlargement icons and click on those to easily read the forms.

If they are one and the same person:
At the time he enlisted he was 17 years, 10 months, old, but as the enlistment form shows he told them he was exactly a year older.  
Hardisty and Alliance where he enlisted, are in Flagstaff County, in east central Alberta.  
He served in France and survived my preliminary search indicates, and he was a nephew to an Andrew Elmquist.

In a private email to me you had mentioned that you were thinking that  
Johan Albert Elmqvist
had changed his name to
'Andrew',  
in Canada. That could well be, but my hunch is that in Canada he would not need to do that, but instead would just use  
'Albert',  
a very common English name.
Further, my hunch is that the  
Andrew Elmquist  
I found would likely have been  
Anders Elmqvist
in Sweden.

Warm regards, Thomas V.

2005-01-27, 15:46
Svar #2

Nina Martins

Hi Thomas!

Thanks so very much for all information about Johan Albert! I?m sure it?s the right person! I?m very happy for your help!

In the passengerlist, about Johan Alberts brother David Gunnar: it was written that he went to brother Andrew Elmquist in Hardisty. Johan Albert emigrated one year before David Gunnar, so I thought that could be Andrew. But it seams that I had wrong.  

Thanks once again!

Bye, Nina

2005-01-27, 23:58
Svar #3

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hello Nina,
I have it wrong as well, it seems, for Andrew, David Gunnar and  Johan Albert were indeed brothers. I will post my references later. They are in the format of family histories compiled in books on local history. They make for fabulous  reading from a time when work, resourcefullness and toughness really were the order of the day  on Canada's vast Prairies.  
Did you know the brothers also had cousins who later emmigrated to that part of Alberta?
Best regards and I'm glad to be of help.
Thomas V.

2005-01-28, 08:47
Svar #4

Nina Martins

Hello Thomas!

I don´t know if they also have cousins that also emmigrated to Alberta. I know there was a brother, Thure Oskar, who went to Amisk.  
I know this about him:
Ture Oskar ELMQVIST - born 1904 - emigrated 1926.
Surname: Elmqvist
Given name: Thure Oskar
Sex: M
Nationality: Swe
Date of arrival: 1926/03/02 (YYYY/MM/DD)
Port of arrival: Halifax , Nova Scotia
Ship: STOCKHOLM , Swedish American
Reference: RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-b
Volume: 1926 volume 2
Page: 87
Microfilm reel: T-14804
-----------------------------------------------------------
DEATH REGISTRATION: BRITISH COLUMBIA:
Name:     Ture Oscar Elmquist
Event Date:     1977 4 29 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Event Place:    Prince George
Reg. Number:    1977-09-008188
B.C. Archives Microfilm Number:  B13577
GSU Microfilm Number: 2050948

Name:     Signe Victoria Elmquist
Event Date:     1967 11 4 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Event Place:    Prince George
Reg. Number:    1967-09-014867
B.C. Archives Microfilm Number:  B13286
GSU Microfilm Number: 2033930

About David Gunnar I have got the info in this link:
http://www.ourroots.ca/e/viewpage.asp?ID=756687&size=2
There was a lots of info about his family.
I wonder if there is some children or grandchildren still in life?! I need to find obits of David Gunnar and his children, maybe they could tell if there is some grandchildren.  
Also obits of Johan Albert and Thure Oskar and his wife would be great!

Thanks again for your help, Thomas!

Regards, Nina

2005-01-28, 23:57
Svar #5

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Here,Nina,is where I found clues:

http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/loc_hist/

It's set up by the University of Calgary Press for its on-line digital projects. Scroll to the bottom of the page and at Search for Keyword type Elmquist. The search result will show several books and the pages of the scans of the books' pages Where 'Elmquist' occurs. Click on the 'large page' icon and enjoy the stories and photographs!  
Be aware you may have to click on the 'next page' icon to finish reading each short article. Regarding the photos,'BR'means Back Row, 'MR'is Middle Row and then we have Front Row as 'FR'.(Forgive me if you know all this already.)

As you'll see, the stories mention an additional brother,  
Edvin,  
who spells his last name differently, but no brother named  
Ture Oskar.
Have a look in these books for their publication dates, contents (many Scandinavian family names) and context to flesh out your research.
Have fun!

Best regards,
Thomas V.

2005-01-29, 09:26
Svar #6

Nina Martins

Hi Thomas!

You are great  at finding stuff for me! Thanks so very, very much!!!  

Yes, there was a brother who was called Edvin too, but I had no idea that he also had emmigrated! That was a totaly news to me! There was also two sisters who emmigrated to North Dakota, and I think it was also them who was mentiond in one of the books. I didn?t know they also went on to Alberta!

Thank you for all your information!

Best regards,  Nina

2005-01-29, 10:13
Svar #7

Nina Martins

Hi again!

There was also a brother, Anders, who I didn?t either known had emmigrated! He must have been Andrew!  

Bye, Nina

2005-01-30, 23:37
Svar #8

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hmmmm.... I have not seen any  mention of the sisters coming to Alberta from the USA, only Andrew. Do you know their names?
From the local history books, I've taken that the adult women named in the photos  and as authors of the articles are the wives of Elmquists, not their sisters.  
At this point making a chart of all these people in Canada becomes necessary.
Best regards, Thomas V.

2005-01-31, 14:52
Svar #9

Nina Martins

Hi Thomas!

All the sisters and brothers Elmquist are:

Anna Sofia b 1882 in Nöbbele. To America 21/9-1901. Destination: Bordulac, North Dakota.

Hilma Serafia b 1883 in Nöbbele. Emigrated to America, 4/5-1902. Liverpool, Skepp: Celtic. Destination: Carrington, N. Dakota

Carl Henning b 1884 in Nöbbele

Ida Maria b 1886 in Nöbbele

Anders Gustaf Leander b 1888 in Nöbbele

Karin b 1897

Edit Ulrika 1895

Gerda Karolina 1892

David Gunnar b 10/11-1893 Emigrated to America, from Gbg 17/10-1913. From Southampton 30/10-1913 (Skepp: Majestic. Went to brother Andrew Elmqvist.Destination: Hardisty, Alberta, Canada.

Johan Albert b 14/11-1898.  Emigrated 3/7-1912. Destination: Hardisty, Alberta, Canada.

Edvin Reinhold 1900

Klas Erik 1903

Ture Oskar 1904  Emigration 20/2-1926. Destination: Amisk, Canada.    

I think Andrew must have been Anders, even when I didn?t know that he also emigrated. I know that Anna emigrated and she came back home again. I think I have heard that she went over another tine, but I?m not sure about this.  

If you read the first lines of this:
http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/loc_hist/lh_page.asp?Goto=lh5c0338  
Don?t you think it could be Andrew (Anders) and Anna and Hilma Serifa?  

If you go to neyt page, just over the picture, you can read about Anna Kobitzsch a daughter to Andrew. I have got an address to her! I will try to write to her today! I hope she is still in life!  

Tell me what you think about this!

take care!

Bye,  Nina

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna