ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Göransson Oskar Teodor till Canada 1929  (läst 2285 gånger)

2010-01-27, 00:09
läst 2285 gånger

Utloggad Göran Håkansson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 3
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-02-13, 17:15
    • Visa profil
Min farmors bror Oskar Teodor Göransson Ted född 1900.07.15 i Östra Herrestad i Skåne, flyttade till Village Arrowwood, Alberta, Canada 1929.02.20 från Skurups församling. Det finns några hemsända foton på Teodor till häst, ett på en traktor från 1931 och ett på en traktor från 1943 och ett iturivet bröllopsfoto på bara Teodor, samt ett på Teodor och en 5-årig pojke: David Hill Shouldice från 1931. Ett foto nämner att han gifte sig med dottern i en svensk familj. Ett visar hans 3-åriga dotter Astrid? som sen troligen sitter med sin man och tre barn på ett foto från sjuttiotalet. Fem namn står bakpå: Astrid, Erik, Johan, Lena och Anna.
Jag kan maila över familjebilden om någon vill hjälpa mig med ledtrådar utifrån den. Vem kan veta mer om Teodor?

My grandmothers brother Oskar Göransson Teodor Ted was born 15/07/1900 in Östra Herrestad in southern Sweden, moved to the Village Arrowwood, Alberta, Canada 02/20/1929 from Skurups Assembly in Sweden. There are some photos sent home on Teodor on horseback, on a tractor from 1931 and one on a tractor from the 1943. A torn wedding photo with just the Teodor, and one of Teodor and a 5-year-old boy: David Hill Shouldice from 1931. A photo mentions that he married the daughter of a Swedish family. One shows his 3-year-old daughter Astrid? which then probably sit with her husband and three children in a photograph from the seventies. Five names are on the back: Astrid, Erik, Johan, Lena and Anna. I can email the family picture if anyone wants to help me with clues from it. Who can know more about Teodor?

Meddelandet ändrat 2011-02-14 av Moderator Västergötland.

2010-07-02, 15:27
Svar #1

Utloggad Mary Wennerstrom

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 48
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-03-25, 14:10
    • Visa profil
    • www.beansandcaviar.blogspot.com
Here is information on the ship when Oscar arrived in Canada - I think this must be him.

Surname:
Goranson
Given Name:
Teodor O.
Sex:
M
Nationality:
Swe
Date of Arrival:
1929/03/03 (YYYY/MM/DD)
Port of Arrival:
Halifax
Ship:
GRIPSHOLM
Reference:
RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-b
Volume:
1929 volume 3
Page Number:
Microfilm reel:
T-14818

Mary

2010-10-14, 21:12
Svar #2

Utloggad Göran Håkansson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hello,

First, I would like to thank you for helping us get the informations about Teodor's arrival in Canada!

Second, I've been talking with my doughter about this. She showed a grate interest, so from now on we are two working this project.

We don't know how to move forward with this now, so we appreciate the offer you gave us in your mail, about helping us from Canada.  

Since I posted the text about Teodor, I've recived some more information about him.  
From his mother's estate inventory, written 8th June 1932, we got to know his address: Village Arrowwood, Alberta Canada.
We searched this address on the internet, and found out following:

*Office of Village of Arrowwood located at 22 Centre Street, 534-3821, P.O. Box 36, Arrowwood AB T0L 0B0
*e-mail: vlgarrw@telusplanet.net

Do you know who's the best to contact for any information, the Mayor of Arrowwood or someone else?  

We don't know anything about Teodor's life or where to he moved.  
If it would be of any help, we can send you the photo, by mail, from the seventies, probably showing his daughter Astrid with family. We don't know if the photo is taken in Sweden or Canada, and we don't know Astrids lastname, do to her marriage with Erik. Therefor we can't search information about her, we have to start from Teodor's arrival and time in Arrowwood and onwords. By the way, Erik is spelled in the Swedish way, with a K, so there's a possability he also has roots in Sweden.
And if you could be able to help us search or to give us some information of who to contact, we would be most grateful!

During the last year, we have found a lot of information about Teodor's five siblings and their lives, now only Teodor's story missing. The story about the Family is now over 50 pages and we've got a lot of thrilling pictures to ad.
Along the working way, we have come to the conclution that it probably must've been Teodor taking all these pictures. After his move to Canada, the pictures decreased in numbers.

We will send this text to you by mail as well, together with the photo of Astrid's family.

We're looking forward to hear from you again, and once again, we're very glad for you helping us. Thanks!

Göran och Siri

btw, how did you manage to understand the last text in swedish? We're very curious!

2010-10-18, 00:29
Svar #3

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello,

I just checked the board and I'm looking into a few things regarding Teodor

I used Google translate to understand Swedish.

Mary

2010-10-19, 19:58
Svar #4

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello,

David Hill Shouldice was 5 years old in 1931 so the picture with him would be probably be from the summer of 1931.

Mary

2011-02-13, 16:35
Svar #5

Utloggad Göran Håkansson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hello Mary.

It´s been a while since I last checked this page, but I am so grateful that you found little David Shouldice 1926-91. But how did you do it? Yesterday I tried with Google and found the Shouldice family-page on facebook. David's youngest son Kenneth's wife, Laura writes that David's wife Eileen Vivian Nelson is still alive and lives in Minden St Oshawa. My daughter wrote and added a picture of David riding, and asked for help in finding Ted.
It seems that Shouldice is both a family name and a place just outside Arrowwood, named after the Shouldice family. According to the estate inventory after Teds mother, who died in 1931, Ted moved to Village Arrowwood, Alberta, Canada. Now we know with your help and a picture of Ted on a Cletrac tractor (1926-29), that he worked on the Shouldice farm in 1931.  
There is another picture of him on a Massey Harris and with help of the Massey-Harris company we found that it is from 1943-46, but where that picture is taken we dont know. The text on the back of another pictures says: On a wonderful farm he married the daughter. And another with Ted helping a little girl on a horse, probably the daughter of the housekeeper: The housekeeper who ho was here this autumn, was married to a man who was in the war as long as the war lasted. That matches the year of the Caterpillar. On a picture of Ted from the time in Sweden my grandmother has written: My brother Teodor, is he alive? He left for Amerika and married a ritch girl who also was swedish.
I have spoken to the Canadian embassy here in Sweden, but they say that they can't help. Apparently it is not allowed for foriegners to search for people i Canada. But our State Archive i Stockholm says different, and are willing to help me with some links and pages on the internet. I'm still waiting to hear from them.
Many threads, but nothing really to work with, except the Shouldice family and David's wife. I am grateful for your help in every sense.

Göran

2011-02-22, 18:54
Svar #6

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello,

I've been trying to dig around to find more information without much success since I don't know Astrid's last name. It is more difficult to find recent information in Canada than in Sweden! However, I have found a current history blog from the area and they may be able to give you more leads if you can share some of the information that you  have.  

Here is a link to the page.http://vulcancountyhistory.com/contact-us/

Email me if you find anything.

Cheers,
Mary

2011-02-23, 15:09
Svar #7

Utloggad Margaretha Johansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 533
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-09-14, 11:33
    • Visa profil
Hej! Jag undrar om någon kan vara snäll och kolla om det eventuellt finns någon information gällande dessa personer på t ex Ancestry.  
Hello! I wonder if somebody can be kind enough to check out if there is any information about these people, on Ancestry for example:
Sigurd Bernhard Ossian Hedman, född (born) 16 januari 1898 i Nästräsk, Jokkmokk. Hans fru (his wife) Frida Karolina (född/born Karlsson) 12 februari 1904 i Älvsby fs. Deras son (their son) Klas Ingvar Hedman, född 11 maj 1924 i Nästräsk, Jokkmokk. De emigrerade till Canada, och jag har en uppgift att i alla fall fadern dog i British Columbia. They emigrated to Canada, and I have a notation that the father passed away in British Columbia.

2011-02-24, 05:53
Svar #8

Utloggad Helene Jorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6190
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-01-15, 20:53
    • Visa profil
Margaretha!

Vad är det för information du söker från Ancestry?  

B.C Death index
Vital Event Death Registration

Name: Sigurd Bernhard O Hedman

Event Date: 1940 9 4 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Event Place: Rock Bay

Reg. Number: 1940-09-578538
B.C. Archives Microfilm Number:  B13169
GSU Microfilm Number: 1953629

Helene

2011-02-24, 22:56
Svar #9

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Helene! Förlåt - min fråga hamnade ju under en annans rubrik vilket var tokigt. Jag undrade bara om det fanns någon information överhuvudtaget på Ancestry om dessa personer. Tack! Du har i alla fall hittat Sigurd Bernhards dödsdatum! Samt platsen där han dog. Jag vet att Canada är väldigt svårt att forska i. Tusen tack i alla fall för denna information!!
Margaretha

2011-02-27, 01:11
Svar #10

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 297
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-11, 05:22
    • Visa profil
From the BC Archives:
http://search.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/sn-5D3186/bsearch

This may be his wife:

B.C. Vital Event Death Registration

Name:     Freda Hedman

Event Date:     1953 6 27 (Yr/Mo/Day)
   Event Place:    Vancouver

Reg. Number:    1953-09-007413
   B.C. Archives Microfilm Number:  B13216
   GSU Microfilm Number: 2032875

Some 8 years after Sigurd's death, there is an estate probated.

GR-2231
BRITISH COLUMBIA.  SUPREME COURT (Alberni).
Microfilm (neg.), 1939-1950,  16 mm, 4 reels [B09518-B09521]

Probate/estate files.

B09520      Hedman, Sigurd Bernhard Ole      29/1948

2011-02-27, 14:58
Svar #11

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Thanks a lot for that information Thomas! That could be the right Freda Hedman.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna