ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ådjers  (läst 722 gånger)

2004-03-18, 15:52
läst 722 gånger

Nina Martins

Hej!  

Finns det någon som vet något om släkten Ådjers, förmodligen från Lappfjärd eller däromkring?  
Tror att min mormors mamma hette Anna Kajsa Eriksdotter Ådjers , född 1864.  

Hälsningar, Nina Martins

2020-07-05, 13:21
Svar #1

Utloggad Tory DeBassio

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 1
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-07-14, 14:25
    • Visa profil
Hi Nina,

Apologies for writing in English. (I can have my brother-in-law or a friend translate to Swedish if needed.)

I believe my great great grandmother was Anna Kajsa Eriksdotter Ådjers, born on November 16, 1857, in Lappfjärd, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland. From my own research, she had one daughter with Joseph Henrik Ivars in 1886. She died on November 9, 1928, in her hometown at the age of 70.

Her (first?) husband was Joseph Henrik Erik Henriksson Bjors (before that Pärus), born 4.6.1859 in Lappfjärd. He married Anna on 27.1.1886, about a month before his daughter was born.  Joseph Henrik died 7.3.1887, when his daughter was less than one year old.

His daughter Hilda Elida Josef Henriksdotter Bjors, b. 26.2.1886 immigrated to Boston, MA, America in 1904.
Hilda was my great grandmother. Records show she lived in a boarding house in Boston with other immigrants, working as a weaver, and met an Irish immigrant living in Boston, John Hanbury, who she married on Aug 30 1909. They had two daughters, Alice (8.2.10) and Teresa (17.7.12). Teresa is my grandmother. The daughters grew up speaking Swedish when they were quite young, but their mother, Hilda Ellida, died on November 22, 1914, in Clinton, Massachusetts, when she was 28 years old. My grandmother went on to be raised by her step mother, an Irish woman also living in Boston. My nana, Teresa, still peppered in some Swedish words when raising my father and my aunt/uncles. I am so curious what happened to Anna, her mother.

I have an account on Ancestry.com, and it seems Anna, Hilda's mother, may have visited America to see her daughter, arriving on 28 Jul 1910 to Boston by way of Liverpool, UK.  This could have been to visit her first grandchild, Alice (my great aunt and my dad's favorite) in America.

Anna had perhaps re-married a Joseph Josephson. (This may have just been the Americanization of her first husband's name though?) Hilda took on the last name "Josephson", and lists that as her maiden name, and her father as "Joseph Josephson"  in her marriage document in Boston.

What is also interesting: when Hilda's husband remarried after Hilda's death, his second wife lists "Anna Adjers" as her mother on census documentation. This may be a clerical error, or a mistake in the website I am using, but I like to think that Anna was friends with this second wife, who raised my grandmother and her sister. I wonder how long Anna stayed in America after she arrived in 1910; she did indeed die in her hometown in Finland. My grandmother never really knew her mother, Hilda, and lost a lot of the Swedish she learned as one of her first languages. Anna is the most interesting piece of the puzzle. There is a fair amount of information on Hilda as my uncle can recall some information about her, and the American documentation of her life is robust. (She died of tuberculosis.)  But her mother, Anna, is more of a mystery to me. I'd love to share stories, and see if maybe it's the same Anna!

I know this is a long post, and that it is a response from something quite some time ago. I hope that this message gets to you, and you receive it well. Feel free to respond in any language you feel comfortable in. I'd love to chat further.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna