Forum > Anundsjö

Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2000-06-29

<< < (5/6) > >>

Donna Corlett:
Mats: Hi!  Thanks for your response!  
The village that I found Jonas Svensson Edlund in, according to the 1890 census was Mosjö (Skorped parish).  I also know that he passed away June 25, 1911 in Mosjö.

May I ask you...where geographically is Tvärlandsböle located?  It is within the Anundsjö parish-correct?  I will have to try to look that up!
Was this an extremely small place...and how old is it?  I tried searching it on the census site and could only find it noted as the residence for approximately 28 individuals.  When I tried searching it with just the birthplace option...it found 0 matches...not one?!

Well I am going to try to find a few things...will get back here soon...and hope to hear back from you too!!

Kind regards,
Donna

Donna Corlett:
Mats: I'm back...again!!  Well I stand corrected-as the search for Tvärlandsböle actually turned up 73 matches...but none that matched...

Another oops on my part!!  I forgot to mention last time...was there (or was there not!) mention of the family name EDLUND in these records you checked?  

Again...thanks so much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Donna

mats:
Hi Donna!

The place Tvärlandsböle is a small village in Anundsjö parish. It's about 10 or 15 kilometres north of Mosjö, Skorped parish. I haven't found anything that says that they were called Edlund. They must have taken that name later when they settled in Skorped parish.  

We must look at the Church records for Skorped parish and follow the family back to see if we can connect your Jonas Svensson Edlund with that Jonas Svensson I found in Anundsjö parish. I haven't got the records for Skorped parish at home but I will try to see if they have it at the Archive in Östersund! Maybe someone else has the records for Skorped and is able to look it up!

Kind regards,

Mats

karin:
Hi Donna!
I haven´t been able to use the internet for a while, as our server has been down.
Yes I live in the town where the 1890 census is from.
I think Mats is right - Jonas´ parents are Sven Jonsson and Sara Stina Ersdotter. I found them in the Household records of Sporped parish. They married October 10, 1852. There were another son Erik, born April 16 in Skorped parish. So that would be right, as they moved in 1860. He can be found in the 1890 census.
Sven married again in 1872, to Anna Johansdotter born February 2, 1843 i Skorped parish, and she can also be found in the 1890 census. There are two Anna Johansdotter born in 1843 in Mosjö, but I found the children Sven, born February 29 1872, Gustaf born August 5 1874, and Anna Dorotea born May 29 1879, in the Household records, so she must be the right Anna. However there was no Per Johan as in the 1890 census, but he must be possible to find. Sven died March 13 1886.
I haven´t searched for Sara Stinas parents yet - the library closed, but the time will come for that.
Sven´s parents were Jonas Gustafsson, born 1793 in Tvärlandsböle, died 1848 and Sara Svensdotter, born February 2 1797 in Brandkäl, Anundsjö parish.
Sven and Sara I found in Anundsjö släkter och gårdar, so there is more to find.
Look up Ödsbyn on maps.expedia.com/publ/agent
Tvärlandsböle is located just next to Ödsbyn, about 70 km northwest of the town Örnsköldsvik. About 100 km norht of Ö-vik you find Umeå.
About Sigurd Edlunds ancestors - I will try to find them.
Kind regards
Karin

Donna Corlett:
Mats: Hi!  Thanks for your efforts...and it looks like it is a match-as you can see Karin's message affirms your findings!!
This is fantastic...although I am still not positive that this Edlund definitively connects to my relatives...I had believed there may be a connection-and had seen Eric Edlunds postings in the English portion of the Rötter site-and someone else suggested that there may possibly be a connection...!!?! I am interested to follow this though to see....

I am POSITIVE that Sigurd Edlund (did you see that note from me?) is a relative...he is (and was!) the cousin of my gm Gerda Regina Hedberg-also from Anundsjö.
I would absolutely love to hear of findings for Sigurd's family/ancestors!

I thank you so very much!!!

Kindest regards,
Donna

Navigering

[0] Meddelandeindex

[#] Nästa sida

[*] Föregående sida

Gå till fullversion