ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Louisa Johnson, f. 12/13/1855, """"Nya Kopperberget""""  (läst 555 gånger)

2000-04-07, 21:24
läst 555 gånger

Norm Sandin

Please excuse my lack of Swedish.  I am looking for information on my farmormor, Louisa Johnson, f. 12/13/1855, Nya Kopperberget, Västmanlands.  She may have had a sister Christina.  Louisa married Alfred Anderson, f. 1853.  They had two children in Sweden, Albert and Charles.  They emigrated to the US before 1879, since my farmor was born in Bessemer, Michigan in 1879.  I would love to have any details, like who her parents were, where they lived, when and how they emigrated, etc.

2000-04-08, 14:39
Svar #1

Utloggad Åke Norgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 173
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-10-27, 22:57
    • Visa profil
    • leon.amaroq.se
Norm,
I have got a register which contains people who have emigrated from Örebro län. It includes people from  
Ljusnarsberg (=Nya Kopparberget). I have not found an exact match to your description, but I found:

Johan Alfred Andersson, born 1854-10-03 in Ljusnarsberg,
his wife Anna Lovisa Jansdotter, born 1856-12-13 in Ljusnarsberg,
their daughter Hilma Leontina, born 1879-08-15 in Ljusnarsberg.

You do not tell the name of your farmor, but if it is Hilma Leontina, then it must be your relatives, and then  
she was born in Sweden, not in the US. At the time of the emigration they lived at Ljusnarsnäs nr 252. The  
register does not say anything about the time of the emigration.

2000-04-28, 00:48
Svar #2

Norm Sandin

Dear Åke
Thank you very much for your efforts.  This match is so close I want it to work.  My farmor's name was Hilma L., but birthdate was 7/25/1879.  Her first daughter was Mildred Leontina!  Other dates are off a little also.  Is it possible that the dates given are christening dates? Is there any indication of Hilma's brothers Albert and Charles?  Is there any indication of a brother of Alfred named Axel?  Why does every answer beget more questions?
I will be in Michigan in May and hope to find more details there.  Alfred, Louisa, and Hilma all died and are buried in Bessemer, MI.
It is good to know that Nya K.. has another name.
Thank you VERY much for your help!
Aloha,
Norm

2000-05-01, 19:39
Svar #3

Utloggad Åke Norgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 173
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-10-27, 22:57
    • Visa profil
    • leon.amaroq.se
Hello Norm,

I have asked for your relatives under Källor - Emigrantkällor - Emigrantskivan.
I got an answer, but it gave nothing new about their birth dates. However it  
verified that there were three persons travelling together, and they left Sweden  
for New York via Gothenburg 1882-04-07.

J A Andersson, 26 år, hustrun Anna, 24 år och dottern Hilma, 3 år. Från  
Ljusnarsberg.  
For via Göteborg 1882-04-07 till New York. 19:428:16434

Regards
Åke

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna