ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Svante Carlson Franzen, born Vedum, 1845  (läst 389 gånger)

2005-06-30, 17:43
läst 389 gånger

Flo Rutherford

I am seeking information on the family and ancestry of my great-grandfather, Rev. S. C. Franzen (or Fransen) who emigrated to the U.S. in May, 1868 and lived until 1941. He provided some information to his children late in life, from which we know that he was born in a place called Lilla Fårhaga, of the Skara stift, Vanga Kontrakt, Bitterna Pastorate, and Vedum Parish. His mother's ancestors had owned the property for several hundred years. One of them was named Lindelöf.  

Svante Carlson took the name Franzen when he was a student at Göteborg and Skara, so his siblings may not have used it. The name came from his mother's side of the family. His mother's name was Kristina. His father was Carl Anderson  (Skoogh). He apparently dropped the surname when he married. His brothers were Anders, who died  at age 27, probably before 1868, Johannes, who was living in 1897, and Gustaf, who died as a child. He had two sisters, Christina (?), who had at least 2 children: Clara and Carl Svanteson,  and Anna, who also had children, though I don't know how many.  As far as I know,  all three siblings remained in Sweden and had died before 1932.  

According to the notes, Carl Anderson Skoog  was born  at Medelplana, Kinnekulle, in 1792, where his father was steward of a royal estate. Anders Skoog had two other sons and all were said to have served in the Napoleonic wars. Anders' father was believed to have been an astrologer and a professor at Karlstad.

If anyone has any information on this family, please contact me at flr414T@aol.com. For any distant relatives who are interested, I can provide information on Rev. Franzen's life in America.  

Thanks, Tack!

Flo Rutherford

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna