ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Roth, Maya Stena - Skaraborgs län, b18380105  (läst 499 gånger)

2001-09-21, 17:03
läst 499 gånger

Tim Lindgren

Looking for information on Maya Stena Roth born Jan 5, 1838.  Emmigrated to Minnesota with 3 of her 4 children leaving behind Clara Roth born 1861 who came to Minnesota later.  Clara would be my GreatGrandmother. Clara had a sister named Emma, don't know other two siblings names.  I don't have any information on municipality or parish in Skaraborgs.  Would like to find out who Maya Stena's husband was and where they lived.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tim

2001-09-21, 19:19
Svar #1

Utloggad Anders Brissman

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 403
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-07-19, 17:32
    • Visa profil
Tim

Acording to Emigrant CD there is a Maja S Rot, age 45 who leaves Gothenburg april 13th 1883. Whit her are her tree children Anna age 4, August age 11 and Emma age 17. Sourcecode: 22:369:6785

They are going to Winthrop. They are from the parish Larv (R). I sugest that you put another question in the forum under Larvs parish. They may be born in Larv, at least they lived in Larv when they left Sweden.

I?ve also found one Klara Rot, age 23. She leaves from Gothenburg to New York april 17th 1885. Sourcecode 26:296:A524. Her recidential parish are being listed as Lindärva (R).

Could this be the people you?re looking fore ?

Best regards

Anders

2001-09-21, 20:29
Svar #2

Tim Lindgren

Anders,

Thanks very much for the response, this looks like a very good match to the information I provided.  My GreatGrandmother and GreatGrandfather did live in Winthrop Minnesota! Can you tell me where Gothenburg is located?  I can't find it on a current Swedish Map.  Is it the current city of Goteborg?  

I will follow your suggestion and follow up with a question under Larvs.

Thanks again

Regards, Tim

2001-09-21, 21:55
Svar #3

Utloggad Anders Brissman

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 403
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-07-19, 17:32
    • Visa profil
Tim

Gothenburg = Göteborg, this portcity had quite a large number of emigrants passing by. If your map has a large scale you might be able to find Larv.  

Look fore a place called Vara, search towards Falköping. It lies on the south side of the main road beetveen these two cities.

Regards

Anders

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna