ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Searching for family of Carl Johan Olofsson July 31, 1846  (läst 908 gånger)

2000-06-25, 05:29
läst 908 gånger

Utloggad Eric Olofsson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 7
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-08-26, 22:46
    • Visa profil
Carl Johan Olofsson July 31, 1846 to Olof Andersson and Eva Carolina Andersdotter at Dufvesdarr Svarteborg Göteborg Bohus län.
On March 1, 1870 Carl married Julia Theodora Tollesdotter and moved to Qvill Sweden.
I understand that the church burned down and the records were destroyed.  
I have some information that Carl & Julia had  
ten children but only six lived.  I have names of five of them.  Gustaf, Erik, Anna, Ernst, & Tekla.
I have some info that Tekla died in and explosion in Göteborg in 1947.
Thank you for responding.
Jerry Longstrom     jel@netvalue.net
Phoenix Arizona

2000-06-25, 15:44
Svar #1

Laila Normann

Hi Jerry!
On familysearch I found one of their children:
Carl Clemens CARLSSON  
Sex:   M   Event(s):   Christening:    25 Nov 1870  
Mo, Goteborg Och Bohus, Sweden  
Parents:  Father:   Carl Johan OLSSON  
Mother:   Julia Theodora TOLLESDR  

I looked at the church-record (Naverstad and Mo C:8 page 250 no. 38
It confirm the christening:
Born 23 NOV and Christened 25 NOV 1870
Parents
Carl Johan Olsson and Julia Theodora Tollesdotter
mothers age 28
Godparents:
Elias Jacobsson, Dorothea Jensdotter (i think, a bit hard to read).

Laila

2000-06-30, 23:06
Svar #2

Utloggad Eric Olofsson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Laila,

Thank you for the research!!
I have not been able to find this family and this
name is new to me.
I will work on this and I have all the records for Mo & Naverstad at a family history center close to my home. Maybe I can find more of them.
I just took for granted they were in the Qville area only. I should have known better.

I have noticed your name here before.  You have had many e-mails with my kusin Laila Falk from Bullaren and Göteborg.  She visited with us in October here in Arizona.
Thank you again, and if you find more please let me know.
Jerry Longstrom in warm Arizona.

2000-07-01, 00:42
Svar #3

Laila Normann

Hi again Jerry!
I have also got lots of help from Laila F., and I also recognized your name. Tell me if I can be of more help, I also have lots of the Naverstad-Mo-records at home. Maybe we are umph cousins umph times removed?
Lailis

2000-07-01, 21:45
Svar #4

Utloggad Eric Olofsson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hej Laila,
I went to the web site http://sd.datatorget.educ.goteborg.se/
and have maybe found some information on Carl Olofsson and his wife Julie Teodora Tollesdotter.
I found their marriage record which confirms the info I had. It shows that Julia came from Hällås.
I found that it is in gefleborgs lån.  Is that Gåvleborg??
I then found a birth record for a Johan Fridolf, born in 1902-4-8 to Carl Johan Olsson and Julia Tollesdotter at Björkliden under Skåneröd. I found that it is in Svarteborg in my very old wonderful book of Geografiskt Handlexikon öfver Sverige, by C. M. Rosenberg.
I now will order some film from Svarteborg and see if I can find them their. That is where my great grandmother Anna Maja (Carl Johan sister) and Carl Johan were born. They stayed in the area it seems. Some work ahead, but enjoy it.
I was wondering about the umph kusins? Kusin Laila should know about that.
Are you still going to Florida??
Jerry Longstrom

2000-07-02, 00:40
Svar #5

Utloggad Jörgen Tollesson

• Arkivguiden (www.arkivguiden.net)
  • Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6870
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 18:03
  • Bild: Båhusläns flagga
    • Visa profil
    • Arkivguiden med Arkivguidens Forum, Båhus Arkivguide och Göteborgs Arkivguide
I don´t think you should look for someone called Tollesdotter in Gävleborg´s län (yes, Gefleborg=Gävleborg). Tolle is a typical Bohuslän name.
Kontakt: http://www.arkivguiden.net/jts.shtml. | Ser gamla inlägg (före april 2016) underliga ut? Argumenterar jag mot mig själv? Saknas något i inläggen? Finns där något som inte borde vara där? Läs då om orsaken här: http://forum.arkivguiden.net/agf/disk/42626/62869.shtml#post16472.

2000-07-02, 00:48
Svar #6

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I forgot: There is a farm called Hällesås in Kville parish.
Kontakt: http://www.arkivguiden.net/jts.shtml. | Ser gamla inlägg (före april 2016) underliga ut? Argumenterar jag mot mig själv? Saknas något i inläggen? Finns där något som inte borde vara där? Läs då om orsaken här: http://forum.arkivguiden.net/agf/disk/42626/62869.shtml#post16472.

2000-07-02, 03:01
Svar #7

Utloggad Eric Olofsson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Jörgen,

Thank you for the information.  I did not know that Tolle is a Bohuslån name.  Thank you for spelling the farm name right. I am sure that is the one, but it was spelled wrong.
I have found it in my Handlexikon.
I will go there and hope to find this family.
Julia Teodora Tollesdotter was born in 1852.
Carl Johan Olofsson was born August 2, 1846 and died July 30, 1914.

Maybe we are like Laila says above, umph kusins :) :) :)
I hope you are having a warm summer in Sweden.
Thanks,
Jerry Longstrom

2000-07-02, 14:38
Svar #8

Laila Normann

Hi again Jerry!
I looked at Kville (on Släktdata) and there is one interesting person there, Hedda Justina Tollesdotter. Maybe she is a sister of Julia? Hedda lived on Hällesås farm, and got her first daughter Christina in 1862.  

Since the records were destroyed by fire, the only hope is the Husforhør from 1860-1900 Kville. Maybe you will find Julia there??  

And, yezz, we are leaving Oslo in the rain, 4th of  July to Hawaii for 1 week, then 2 weeks in Florida!! WOW

2000-07-02, 14:59
Svar #9

Laila Normann

Jerry!
I looked closer to the Kville-records, and found that Hedda Tollesdotter was born in 1839. So, she is probably not Julias sister. But, it is possible there is a link after all?
Laila

2000-07-02, 18:21
Svar #10

Jerry Longstrom

Laila,
Thank you for the research and information.
I will look at the Husforhør for the farm Hällesås records.
I have different dates on Julia, and am not sure if she was born in 1842 or 1852.
In your information of a child Carl Clemens Carlsson being born in 1870 and the mother was age 28, that would have her born in 1842.
The marriage record show her born in 1852.
So, either way she may be related to Hedda Tollesdotter.

We are leaving for Minnesota on July 4th, from sunny Arizona!!  :) :)
Thanks again for your research and have a great time in Hawaii and Florida.
Talk to you later,
Jerry Longstrom

2000-07-10, 19:04
Svar #11

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
On January 31, 1853 Tolle Andersson died in Hällesås. According to his estate inventory (dated March 17) his widow was Anna Svensdotter. They had seven children:  

The sons Karl Nestor 11 years old, Johan Alfred 6 and Hans Aron 2, and the daughters Hedda Justina 14, Augusta Charlotta 8, Sofia Matilda also 8 and Julia Teodora 6 months old.  

When Anna Svensdotter died in Hällesås on November 8, 1860, the inventory (dated December 3) gives the names of her children:

In her 1st marriage to Tolle Andersson: The sons Karl Nestor 18, Johan Alfred 14 and Hans Aron 10, and the daughters Hedda Justina 21, married to Johannes Börjesson in Branneby [also in Kville parish], Agusta Charlotta and Sofia Matilda both 16 and Julia Teodora 8 years old.

And in her 2nd marriage to Jonas Mattisson: The daughter Johanna 1 month old.

(You can find the estate inventories at the regional archives [Landsarkivet] in Gothenburg [Göteborg], in the archives from Kville häradsrätt [häradsrätt=the local court]. Tolle's in volume FII:14 page 53, and Anna's in FII:15 page 821.)

The marriage record says that Karl Johan Olofsson came from Helgebo in Mo parish. And there you find them all:

Mo household record (husförhörslängd) AI:3 page 37:

Olof Andersson and his wife Eva Karolina Andersdotter and their children Anna Maria, Karl Johan, Anders, Alfred, Fredrik and Otto Teodor.  

And Julia Teodora Tollesdotter as well after their marrige. The record says that she was born in Kville on July 28, 1852, and that she moved to Mo on March 23, 1870. And the certificate (dated March 4) she brought from Kville to Mo says that she came from Hällesås in Kville. (The certificate is in the Mo church record, HII:3, at Landsarkivet, but is not filmed.)

On November 8, 1870 Karl Johan and Julia Teodora moved to Grimåsen, also in Mo, page 36 in the same household record.  

And in the next household record, AI:4, you find them in Grimåsen on page 57 with their children Karl Klemens born on November 23, 1870, Tekla Olivia May 4, 1872, Gustav Alarik March 12, 1874 and Anders Fredrik December 18, 1877. On March 18, 1880 they moved to Romelanda parish in the southern part of Bohuslän (Mo is in the north).

And in the Romelanda inflyttningslängd B:2 (record of people moving into the parish) you find them as number 16 1880, April 9: Skogvaktare (=Forester) Karl Johan Olofsson with wife and four children, from Mo to Gjärås.

So to trace them further you have to look them up in Gjärås in the Romelanda household record.

2000-07-16, 14:30
Svar #12

Jerry Longstrom

Greetings Jörgen,

Thank you for the information on this family,
Tomorrow I am going to order the film from the family history center close to me.  With the informtaion you have given me, I will be able to find them and hopefully find living relatives in Sweden.
Jerry Longstrom

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna