ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Pehr Magnus b.1859 Maria Magdalena Parish  (läst 352 gånger)

1999-08-09, 00:59
läst 352 gånger

Kay King

I am looking for parents of Pehr Magnus (okande) b./baptized Feb.21, 1859 Maria Magdalena Parish, Stockholm.His mothers age was 31 years, & the domocile was Bergsunds Bruk. The witness was Jungfru M.M. Kjellberg. Midwife was Christina Hagborn (?).  The officiating pastor may have been from Langholm & his name J. Worth (?)This was very difficult to read.
My questions are: Pehr was born & baptized on same day according to the record.  Is this significant, that is, was he given up for adoption or foster home at that time?
Is it possible to locate the parents by using a different source?  Is it possible to obtain the foster-home where he was sent?
Obviously, I am searching for a Peter Magnus (?), b. 1859 in Stockholm who became my grandfather.  From his death certificate in 1941 in Kansas, his parents names were Otto Nilsson & Ingeborg Swenson.  I would appreciate any suggestions/help
concerning this family.   Thank you.  Kay King

1999-08-11, 23:42
Svar #1

Utloggad Pehr Hedenqvist

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-28, 17:29
    • Visa profil
    • www.hedenqvist.com/ph
Hi Kay!
I have search the Söder-CD but cannot find any of the meantioned persons. I do not think it is significant that he was born and baptized on the same day. Most children were baptized when they were a couple of days old, but some on the same day as their birth. If a child was weak it was probably baptized on the same day or in this case when the parents wanted to be unknown (I think it was their legal right at the time) it was probably more convenient to have the baptism right away. There were some orphanages in Stockholm, and they of course have records, but I do not know so much about them. Perhaps someone else knows?
I have a question for you, where did you get your grandfathers death certificate? Do you know if most of them state the names of the parents? (I am looking for my grandfather's grandfather who may have died in S:t Charles, MN).

1999-08-12, 07:06
Svar #2

Kay King

Hej Pehr,   thanks for your quick reply to my query.  I appreciate your suggestions.
I got my grandfather's death certificate from Topeka, Kansas..department of Health. All the death certificates that I have seen show the deceased person's parents & spouse (if the information is known by the informant).  All states issue death certificates usually after 1907 anyway.  The charge for death certifactes vary from state to state...usually starting at about $10.00.
Do you have people over here (in the US) helping you with your search?  
What date are we looking at for your great-grandfather's death?
Waiting to hear from you.....tack....Kay

1999-08-13, 14:37
Svar #3

Utloggad Pehr Hedenqvist

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-28, 17:29
    • Visa profil
    • www.hedenqvist.com/ph
Hi Kay!
Thanks for your reply. The man I am looking for, Hans Anderson, died March 8, 1918 in St Charles, MN. I am in contact with his greatgrandson so I will ask him to order the death certificate.
Pehr

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna