ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Strid  (läst 986 gånger)

2005-03-22, 02:07
läst 986 gånger

Marilyn Stephens

I am a great granddaughter of John August Strid born in 1826 and Greta Petersdotter. They had 9 sons. They came from the Fliserdy Parish. Was wondering if I could get the birth dates of the sons. The only names I know is Gustav, Constance, Otto Albert, John August, Herman, Victor.Thanks

2005-03-22, 16:47
Svar #1

Marianne Lindén

Hello Marilyn

18510513 Johan Oscar död 18560514
18530921 Carl August
18560125 Victor Amadeus
18581002 Johan Oscar
18610508 Gustaf Peter
18630722 Axel Fredric
18660504 Herman Emil
18690214 Otto Albert
18711007 Konstantin Theodor

2005-03-22, 20:04
Svar #2

Marilyn Stephens

Thank you::: I was wondering if there are any Strid ancestors of these men who have some history of the Strids in Sweden. I would be much interested in John and Gretas family. I was the granddaughter of Gustav. Would love to have some contact with family there. Thanks

2006-07-04, 18:25
Svar #3

Marie-Louise Kuttenkeuler

The father of Johan August Strid is Jan Olsson, born 1785 at Åkerö,Mörlunda parish. Hewas maried twice. First wife was Maja Stina Larsdotter and second Lucretia Larsdotter. Johan Augusts surname was Jansson. He was born at Åkerö. In 1850 he marie and moved to Flisery where he became a hussar-soldier. In connection with his enrolment he was given the soldiername Strid. My father was a grandson of Johan Oskar Strid who was an elder brother of Gustav Peter.-- I am born in 1937. Please tell me more about your parents and Gustav Peter.

2006-07-10, 09:29
Svar #4

Utloggad Lars Skillius

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 777
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-16, 12:53
    • Visa profil
From the General Muster rolls of the Smålands Husar regemente you are able to find the following information on the hussar Johan August Strid:
He was enrolled on the 24th of November 1846 in the company of Staby of the regiment mentioned above and was first allotted the hussar croft belonging to rusthåll nr 20 Dunatorp in Åseda parish. His height was 5 feet 8 inches.
A few years later, on the 4th of February 1850, he was “transported” (well, probably he had to walk) to rusthåll nr 59 Åby in Fliseryd parish and in the same company.  
At the General Muster in June 1852 he was noted being “sick in the quarters”.
When he was discharged on the 25th of June 1881 the mönsterskrivare noted “retired on a pension, has served excellent”.  
To understand the military terms in Swedish, printed in italics, use this  dictionary, please.

2006-07-11, 01:39
Svar #5

Marilyn Stephens

Thank you for the information. My grandfather Gustav Peter came to America in 1887 and came to Ellis Island. He took the train to Alta, Iowa and settled there for about 7 years and later went to Delmont South Dakota by horse and wagon settled there until his death in 1937. He is buried south of Delmont. He was was married to Maria Sjoholm when he came to America and she died about 1904 and married my grandmother Sigrid Erickson who came from Nora Stro Paris in 1887 and settled in Chicago until marrying my grandfather. She died in 1952. Gustav and Sigrid had 3 children. Levi Gustav was my father and he had 5 children. He also settled on Gustav Peters farm. Konstantin Theordor settled in Minnesota. Herman Emil first settled in Iowa and later moved to Wyoming. Victor Amadeus has a grandaughter living in Iowa also. There is a John Gottfried and I am not sure who his father was. He also settled in Delmont. So many missing pieces as the family is so spread out. I appreciate all information you give me. My mother also has ties to the Alenius's as her grandfather was Per Victor.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna