ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Immigration records for Andreas Peterson from Gullabo  (läst 129 gånger)

2023-03-18, 20:43
läst 129 gånger

Utloggad Lynette Case

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 85
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-14, 03:37
    • Visa profil
I have searched for the immigration records everywhere and can’t find anything on Andreas Peterson who left the Gullabo Parish on March 26, 1903 for North America. I can’t find him in the police chamber records of Malmö or Gothenburg. I have looked on familysearch for a ship manifest going to Boston, New York, and Canada but can’t find him anywhere there as well. I have found many of the fellow Gullabo residents who traveled about the same time in the Malmö records as it seems most Gullabo residents left from that port - for example, the next person, Oskar Wilhelm Karlsson is on page 170. Andreas was in the United States for about five years.
This is the first time that I have not been able to locate someone’s immigration.
I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Lynette Norlander Case

2023-03-19, 13:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Birgitta Berkemar

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6067
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-19, 09:41
    • Visa profil
Anders Petersson is not registred in the police chamber records anywhere! But I found that his son Carl Hugo Andersson born 1886-01-05 emmigrated from Gullabo 1904-03-23 from Gothenburg to White River. May-be a little help? You can find Carl Hugo and his brother Emil and another man from Gullabo in Göteborgs poiiskammare EIX:75 page 239.
I also found that Andreas/Anders Petersson went back to Sweden 1908. He and his wife Kajsa Lena Andersdotter lived in Söderåkra Parish. His wife died in Påboda 9, Söderåkra 1915-04-29. Anders got married to Kristina Magnusson 1922 and then he died in Söderåkra 1927-11-14.
Birgitta B

2023-03-19, 14:54
Svar #2

Utloggad Lynette Case

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 85
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-14, 03:37
    • Visa profil
Thank you. The White River information was very helpful.
I spent two days looking through those police chamber books for Andreas, even looking before his out moving date thinking that was incorrect. I located most of his fellow Gullabo residents but not him.
I had looked through the Canadian ship manifests for a Swede by the name of Andrew Anders or Andreas Petersson. There are so many and I looked at each ship manifest but could not find him.
With your hint about his son, I went back and looked.
I FINALLY found him indexed as being from Denmark! He must have boarded a ship very quickly in Sweden as he arrived in Nova Scotia on April 15th heading for Montreal.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna