ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with names  (läst 708 gånger)

2023-01-22, 22:36
läst 708 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
Can anyone help me with the encircled names on the attached birth record?

This is is what I think it says for the witnesses:

? in ?, Johan Wahrman and dr Johan in Kånna Skattegård, wife Sigrid Jönsdotter in Sickinge, Wife Martha in Kånna Nilsgård, pig Britta in ?. 

Thanks very much for your help,

Vicki

2023-01-22, 23:03
Svar #1

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 379
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-05, 11:22
    • Visa profil
"d: 7 Maji föddes och d: 11 dito döptes Jöns Jönssons och des h: Britta Stensdotters barn i Kånna Ngd wid namn Sten; Testes: Hr häradsskriwaren Biörck-man(*), Hr Johan Wahrman och dr Johan i Kånna Skattegd, h. Sigrid Jönsdotter i Sickinge, h. Martha i Kånna Nilsagd. och Pig. Britta i Qwenjarp Söregd".
(*) This häradsskrivare ("district taxation registrar/clerk"?) appears in a few more notes so it should be Björkman.
/Yvonne

2023-01-22, 23:17
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thanks very much! 

Vicki

2023-01-22, 23:25
Svar #3

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
A further question - I haven't seen a häradsskriwaren before or hr is that an abbreviation for herr (or herre or something else) as a baptismal witness.  Why would they be witnesses at his and others' baptisms?  I've heard before that sometimes important people (they seem to be important) that really aren't close family or friends will witness baptisms, is that what is happening here? 

Thanks again!

Vicki

2023-01-23, 11:46
Svar #4

Utloggad KG Hammarlund

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2441
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 11:33
    • Visa profil
Hr is the standard abbreviation of Herr, which during the 18th century was used to signify high rank. It could be used together with another title, e.g. Herr doktor, herr greve and so on.

It was not that uncommon that the landlord, or someone representing this family, was a witness at the baptism of crofters', tenants', or servants' children. In this case the baptised child seems to be the daughter of a farmer owning his land (since the family lives on a "skattegård"). If he was a (fairly) wealthy and, above all, a well respected village member, that could also be a reason for having häradsskrivare and "herrar" among the witnesses.

2023-01-23, 14:31
Svar #5

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much!

This information is very helpful and very interesting!

Vicki Cihla

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna