ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Guardianship for orphans  (läst 701 gånger)

2023-01-19, 20:23
läst 701 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
Hi,

One of my ancestors was orphaned (along with a sister) in 1762 in Kånna parish in Kronoberg.  He was age 10 and she was 6.  There was no estate inventory and household records are not available until 1794 in Kånna - I don't know where they went.  Would I start looking immediately after the death of the 2nd parent to search for a guardianship court case?  Or where would I look for that?  Does it normally take some time before the case is heard?  Any direction would be appreciated. 

thanks much!

Vicki

2023-01-22, 03:35
Svar #1

Utloggad Ulf Berggren

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3747
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 00:15
    • Visa profil
    • www.stacken.kth.se/~ulfb/genealogi.html
It usually took a little time to find a guardian, but not more than that, like a few months.
The guardian records are probably online, but availability depends on which site you use.
Ulf Berggren

2023-01-22, 15:21
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thanks, Ulf!

Ok, that gives me a guideline to work with.

Does anyone know which online sites have them?  I use ancestry, family search and (some) riksarkivet.  You all have taught me alot and I've spent much  time looking at the witnesses on birth records and have found some new records I've not found previously.  It is slow going but very rewarding when I find something new. 

Ulf, I remember you mentioning that your father-in-law found a "retirement" agreement (I'm sorry I don't remember what they are called)  for one of their ancestors which spelled out what was required for support in order to "retire" and let the next tenant take over.   That is another thing  I'd like to be able to look for.  I am able to tell by tax records when the "ownership" changes - is that when I should start looking for such an agreement?  Just looking for some guidelines on where to begin my search.

Thanks very much!

Vicki

2023-01-22, 16:10
Svar #3

Utloggad Ulf Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1358
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 13:44
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
Hi Victoria,
I think it was me that mentioned the 'undantagskontrakt'.
The contract was determined(?) in the local court, in this case Tunaläns häradsrätt. I have not looked it up myself in the records but I can ask my father-in-law for more info.

//Ulf S.

2023-01-22, 16:44
Svar #4

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Yes, that was it.  It would be very helpful to get any hints or suggestions on how to go about finding an undantagskontrakt. These are very interesting and really tells us a lot about their lives. 

Regarding the guardianship records - what are called in the records?  I can do a search to see if I can find who would have them online.

Thanks for your help!

Vicki

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna