ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Origins of väpnare Tubbe Eriksson  (läst 182 gånger)

2023-01-14, 16:23
läst 182 gånger

Utloggad Kevin Casey

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 94
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-21, 13:52
    • Visa profil

Several online genealogies list väpnare Tubbe Eriksson (Häradshövding i Västbo, d. 1405 at Vadstena Kloster) as being of Ulf Håkansson's ätt, and also of the family Tott.

Are these just examples of unsourced internet speculation, or are there any firm reasons to believe one or both of these connections are true?

Thank you,
Kevin 

2023-01-15, 10:32
Svar #1

Inloggad KG Hammarlund

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2557
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 16:13
    • Visa profil
A Google search indicates that this is indeed unsourced speculations - or at least speculations founded on dubious sources.

Biographiskt lexicon öfver namnkunnige svenska män, published 1848, mentions "Tubbe Eriksson (Tott)", without any sources or references.
See https://books.google.se/books?id=huVAAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=%22tubbe+eriksson%22&source=bl&ots=xYll5P_YYy&sig=ACfU3U0zbbhBqmQArN-lkIYd7HueDQdkYA&hl=sv&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi3xIW4msn8AhXGiIsKHXAzA604FBDoAXoECBYQAw#v=onepage&q=%22tubbe%20eriksson%22&f=false

I haven´t found any other source linking Tubbe to the Tott family.

A scholarly publication from 1942 simply states that nothing is known of Tubbes ancestors:
http://runeberg.org/kyrkohist/1942/0139.html

I strongly suspect that it is the mentioning of Tott in the text from 1848 that lies behind the supposed connection, then uncritically repeated in a lot of family trees on ancestry, geni and so on.

Through his marriage with Elin Nannesdotter, Tubbe was related to the Sparre av Tofta family. I haven't found any earlier or later links between that family and the Axelsons but of course there might be one.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna