ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with death record in Stenbrohult parish  (läst 422 gånger)

2022-11-29, 08:27
läst 422 gånger

Utloggad Douglas A Nelson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 96
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-02, 11:50
    • Visa profil
Hello,

I wonder if someone could please help me understand this death record for Ingeborg
Bengtsdotter (d. 18 Dec 1762) in Stenbrohult parish?  I think the first few lines say she
lived in Tångarna Smedsgård, was born in Höghult, and was married for some time to Jöns Germundsson from Höö. She had 4 children and was widowed for 14 1/2 years. I think she moved to Tångarna Smedsgård late in life. I can't make out the rest of it, other than she was 80 at her death. I'm not certain this is "my" Ingeborg, so I am hoping this record may allow me to confirm some other information I have about her.  I believe Jöns Germundsson was her second husband, but I can see no mention of anyone else in this record.

Thank you very much!
Doug Nelson

2022-12-02, 08:07
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5115
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-14, 18:42
    • Visa profil
I tried to translate it word by word as much as possible. "Förkylning" does not normally mean a sudden death by cold weather, but here it seems to. Always interesting with life descriptons that is not completely positive.

Old widow Ingeborg Bengtsdotter in Tångarna Smedsgård
born in Skålshult, was married with Jöns Germundsson in Höö
for 48 years, had with him 4 children, one son still alive.
Widow for 14½ years, in that time been living in Tångarna.
She can't be neither praised nor scolded, she
had a good man and beautiful descendents, but
herself was a cold hearted woman. Died suddenly.
Was making food for the christmas and was healthy, but
at night went outside, when the weather was rather cold,
from wich she had a cold and fell down outside the porch,
where she was later found dead, given god's
will.

2022-12-02, 10:03
Svar #2

Utloggad Douglas A Nelson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 96
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-02, 11:50
    • Visa profil
Kalle,

Thank you very much for the detailed translation. It allowed me to realize that I had the wrong birth
date and father for Ingeborg's daughter, who was my ancestor.  I found the correct information now. It is interesting that the death records in Stenbrohult back then are so lengthy (and forthright!).

Doug

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna