ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation of a Estate Inventory Record  (läst 674 gånger)

2022-11-18, 22:55
läst 674 gånger

Utloggad John Doran

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 7
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-20, 04:27
    • Visa profil
I realize this is a big ask, but would anyone be willing to help translate the attached? I tried to clean it up a bit to make it easier to read.

Thank you in advance!

John Doran

2022-11-19, 10:20
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5026
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 17:53
    • Visa profil

Year 1838, December 10, was made, on demand,
an Estate Inventory and evaluation of the goods
in the houshold after crofter Anders
Andersson at the croft Trinnemyr, belonging to Träleberg
in Lyse parish, who died last November 22
in an age of 40 years, and left his widow
Anna Marie Andersdotter, and as inheritors,
four with her bred minor children,
the sons Lars 10 years, Mårten 8 years, the daughters
Johanna 6 years and Barbara 3 years old, whose right
was watched by their paternal uncle, farmer
Lars Andersson at Heden, who
was here present.
The goods was present by the widow, who was told
to honestly show the property, as it was when
the death happened, and was evaluated by under-
signed as follows:

2022-11-19, 10:22
Svar #2

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I translated it "word for word" as much as I could, that's why it looks a bit strange. It looks about as strange for a modern day swede too.

2022-11-19, 11:10
Svar #3

Utloggad John Doran

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
I translated it "word for word" as much as I could, that's why it looks a bit strange. It looks about as strange for a modern day swede too.

I want to sincerly thank  you, Kalle.  I spent almost 1.5 hours struggling with google translate trying to decipher as much of this as possilbe, without luck.  I truly appreciate that you went through the time and effort to translate this for me.  Sadly, reading this, it is the wrong Anders Anders of Träleberg, Lyse.  I was grapsing at straws. 

For the life of me, I cannot find where exactly my 2nd Great Grandfather came from. I know he was born 10 Dec 1813, but unsure exactly where, or who his parents are.

I found a house record (4 Rot. Träleberg) of him with his first wife (a widower named Helena Oldsdotter, 20/21 years older than he).  I know they were married on 07 Feb 1836, anad that his first wife died 3 years later on 14 Mar 1839.  I know they had one child, Amilia Elisabeth Andersdotter.  I know Helena had 6 children from her first marriage to, I believe, an Anders Nillson.

I have found the Move-In Record for him, and his 2nd wife (my 2 Great Grandmother), Oleana Halfvårdsdotter (from Ulseröd) to Fiskebäck Backst. Österbacken, Lyse.  From this record I found out he was a Sailor and a Widower. I know they married on 04 Apr 1845. I have Household Records of the two of them (together) for the periods 1848-1855, 1855-1861, 1862-1867, 1894-1896. The last showing Anders Andersson dies on 26 Nov 1870. I found his death record, but it lists him only as Backs: Anders Andersson (which I am assuming the Backs: refers to Fiskebäck Backst. Österbacken, Lyse), but provides no parents or place of origin, just that he died in Fiskeback, Lyse.

I know they had 6 children together (including my Great Grandfather, Emil Bernhard Anderson).  I know, due to error, his birthday was misidentied from 12 (December) to 2 (February) as early as a the 1848-1855 Household records, and was carried forward with that error since (in the household records that followed). I know his 2nd wife, Oleana, died 16 Jan 1895 and wa buried 25 Jan 1895, in Fiskeback.

Knowing all the above, and having found all the records above, I still do not have a clear idea where he came from and who his parents are. I have several 'candidates' based on birthdate, but most of them do not pan out as they went on to marry other people.  I was hoping that maybe I could find an Estate Inventory record that would shed more light on this mystery.

I have never wished I could read/speak Swedith as much as I do right now  ;D  I feel awkward asking for translations, especially of long records that may or may not even be the right records.

Again, I cannot fully express my gratitude for your help in translating this information!

2022-11-19, 12:00
Svar #4

Utloggad John Doran

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Still no luck finding an Estate Invenetory for Anders Andersson, but i did find one for his first wife Helea Olsdotter, which lists her first husband Anders Nilsson (who I had suspected would have been her first husband), Anders Andersson, and the daughter they had together, Amalia Elisabeth.  And it does show Träleberg, but I am unsure if it means that is where he is originally from (?) or only where he is living at the time of this record.  While I cannot make  out much more from this record, it does not seem to give any clues as to where my 2 Great Grandfather came from.  I guess my next 2 hours will be spent cursing Google Translate as I try to find anything of use in this record.  Can we just fast forward here 20 years until someone creates a program that can OCR old handwritten records from/to another language with great deal of accuracy?  :P :P :P

2022-11-19, 12:08
Svar #5

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
A software for reading old handwritten text is actually in the works but I don't think it's ready yet. But I'm sure we'll have much faster than 20 years  :)
 I will take a look at this later this evening, if it isn't solved allready by then. Just wanted to point out that birth dates often got distorted over the years. He could be born another day, or even another year. They didn't celebrate birthdays so it wasn't very important to them, and even less to the priests writing the books.

2022-11-19, 12:16
Svar #6

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Take a look at this, he moved in from Tossene parish in april 1832

https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/A0015612_00029#?c=&m=&s=&cv=28&xywh=1601%2C2480%2C3559%2C1913

That isn't the best of luck though, because their church books was destroyed in a fire in the 1800s

2022-11-19, 12:43
Svar #7

Utloggad John Doran

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
OMG you are good!  I, literally, spent an hour yesterday going PAGE BY PAGE though that volume and missed this.  I guess this is a lesson to me, to take more breaks to give the old eyes a chance to recover!  Also, I know the daughter he had with his first wife (Amilia Elizabeth Andersdotter) did get married and moved to Tossene, so this sort of makes more sense.  The fire you speak of might explain why I cannot find a birth record for Anders Andersson that fits all the facts I know as of now... and hence why I cannot yet find out who his parents were.  This gives me a new hopeful thread to pull at and see what I can unravel. Thanks SO MUCH once again.  I have been stuck at piecing together the information on my 2nd Great Granfather for a long while now. I have to say that I am beyond impressed with the records available.  I have found much more than I hoped when I started this project.

2022-11-19, 18:52
Svar #8

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
There are attempts made to reconstruct the lost church records from other sources. At Arkiv Digital are some lists of people living in Tossene Parish in the period when Anders Andersson was born. Maybe you can find him there. You would also have to check the annex Askum. But we know his father must have been named Anders as well, and you can check every estate inventory for men in Tossene with that name in the fitting years. It will be a tough job though.

2022-11-19, 22:14
Svar #9

Utloggad Jörgen Tollesson

• Arkivguiden (www.arkivguiden.net)
  • Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6870
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 18:03
  • Bild: Båhusläns flagga
    • Visa profil
    • Arkivguiden med Arkivguidens Forum, Båhus Arkivguide och Göteborgs Arkivguide
Here is the estate invenetory (bouppteckning) for Anders Andersson from Österbacken under Fiskebäck:

https://app.arkivdigital.se/aid/v65938b.b61.s115

https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/C0108781_00063

(Tunge, Stångenäs, Sörbygdens och Sotenäs häradsrätt FIIa:31, p. 115.)

But there are no clues. No relatives are mentioned.
Kontakt: http://www.arkivguiden.net/jts.shtml. | Ser gamla inlägg (före april 2016) underliga ut? Argumenterar jag mot mig själv? Saknas något i inläggen? Finns där något som inte borde vara där? Läs då om orsaken här: http://forum.arkivguiden.net/agf/disk/42626/62869.shtml#post16472.

2022-11-20, 02:33
Svar #10

Utloggad John Doran

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much, Jörgen!

I can recognize some of the names on this Estate Inventory, so it seems very likely its the right record. It's sad/frustrating that there are no clues to his parents.

As Kalle suggested, it seems the only way forward (IF there is a way forward) is to look through the Estate Inventories starting at 1813 and search for people who's name starts with Anders from Tossene that lists Anders Andersson who would also be 'age appropriate' to match Anders birthdate.  This seems a daunting task, but I think I've exhausted all other resources.  Both his marriage records did not produce any hints, nor has any of the birth/baptism records for all his children.  His death certificate is missing parents as well.  i was hoping beyond hope that the Estate Inventory would provide a breadcrumb, but it hasn't.  I do know he was listed as a sailor on his 2nd banns of marriage, and the first two children's birth records.  Maybe I can find some information there.  That'll be my next adventure.

In the meantime, I'll go back to Google Translate to try to make heads or tails of the record you sent.

Once again, thank you SO MUCH for your assistance!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna