ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Stuck at 1747  (läst 570 gånger)

2022-10-25, 18:07
läst 570 gånger

Utloggad Christopher Peterson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 61
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-11-17, 20:38
    • Visa profil
Nils Persson born 19 March 1747 [Drothem (E) C 3 p. 180] my Grandfather 8 generations back. His birth record lists his parents as Per Nilsson and Kierstin Nilsdotter of Stintorp.

I think I have found a marriage record for Per Nilsson and Kierstin Nilsdotter in 1745 at [Drothem (E) C 3 p. 648] but this is based on names, location and a reasonable time period.

With no Clerical Surveys this far back, how can I find birth records for Per Nilsson and Kierstin Nilsdotter based on anything other than their names alone?

2023-03-02, 00:29
Svar #1

Utloggad Peter Bernhardsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 260
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-03, 23:21
    • Visa profil
The best sources in such cases are tax registers (mantalslängder). They show that a farmer Nils in Bogsten had a son Per in late 1744, and a farmer Nils in Stintorp had a daughter Kerstin they same year. A year later the son is missing in Bogsten, but Nils in Stintorp has a son-in-law Per.
Another good source is probate inventories. Kerstin Nilsdotter's from 1779 is accessible online. She died in 1778, aged 53, so she could be Nils Nilsson's daughter Kerstin, born January 1725 in Stintorp. The same inventory names Anders Olofsson in Bogsten as the uncle of Kerstin's children. Anders's wife was Anna Nilsdotter, born 1735 to Nils Bengtsson i Skärpinge. Nils in Skärpinge is registered for the last time with a son Per 1743, Nils i Bogsten appears with a son Per in 1744, so I assume this is the same person. Looking for earlier children to Nils Bengtsson i Skärpinge I found the son Per born February 25 1724. According to the birth register the child's aunts were daughters of Per i Skärpinge. Nils Bengtssons wife Anna Persdotter, born abt 1699, died in 1732 in Skärpinge and Nils remarried the following year, meaning Anna Nilsdotter was Per Nilsson's half sister. The second wife came from Bogsten which explains the move in 1744.

2023-03-05, 19:34
Svar #2

Utloggad Christopher Peterson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 61
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-11-17, 20:38
    • Visa profil
Peter,

Thank you very much. I appreciate the time you spent responding. You have provided a lot of information and new methods that will take me a while to learn. I have yet to really look at Tax or Probate records. This will encourgae me to dive in.

Thank you again.

Best,
Chris

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna